Ford Forums banner

opinion for new wheels for the 'c

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  ford4v429 
#1 ·
I guys just want some opinions about some wheels that i am currently looking at to fit my ZC Fairlane(its diamond white with black vynal roof), Firstly a set of American racing Tourque thrust 2 (chrome)17 8" on front and17 9.5 on rear(would love 18 on the rear), or Speedy Mailabu 17x8 a'round or 17" Cragar SS chromes or a set of boyd coddington smoothies 17". The prob that I have is firstly price with some of the above mentioned(boyds and American bout 3800, and 3200 respectivly) but they have the offset where the others dont so If everybody could give me there opinion I would apriciate it.(come on boys help a brother out) cheers!

#2 · (Edited)
considered the old torque thrust-d's? 15" would save you some money, and will ride better...put a set of 15" centerline telstars/t-a radials on my 89 mark VII and man does it ride nice compared to the stock 16"/comp t-a's...I paid $700 to replace the original comp ta's, they were shot in under 20,000 miles- paid just under $1000 for the centerlines and ta radials, put 20K on them so far and rubber still looks great
(the 'telstar' was only wheels I liked that were available in just about any backspace- I can deflate my suspension and tires will still clear by 1/4"- a consideration many lincoln owners forget that can destroy the car in event of a leak).
For older cars I still like the old torque-thrusts(probably because those were about the only 'cool' wheels you noticed when I was a youngster...) Have seen some with the painted centers shot to match the car(search for the 'tasca boss 429' for example) and they looked great...personally, I'd avoid chromed/clearcoated as they wont stay pretty forever- however raw aluminum can be brought back to look new with the occasional (required) cleaning/polishing...as long as you dont let them get pitted from neglect, and you dont mind the elbow grease.

Edited: heres a pic of the tasca boss429:

this thing supposedly runs 10.75 on street rubber/mufflers, 9's on slicks...494 inch magnesium can-am boss 429- wicked car...

thinking about your car- black centers on white car with black roof would be perfect in my minds eye...

edited again- only pic i could find of the my old lincoln- obscured by kids, but you can kinda see how the telstars look... thought I'd share it as its also white/black trim...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.