Ford Forums banner

opinions on kyb shocks with superlows

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  galapogos01 
#1 ·
hey peoples, just wondering what every ones opinions on kyb shocks, i have an Ea Fairmont Ghia with king spring superlows (which arent that low and are gonna be chopped half a coil in the rear).

on thursday im buying some shocks and want to know if these shocks are any good? do they handle well? are they stiff? and will they work well with superlows? i was told that they dont make them short enough stroke for superlows, only for ED xr6 height, will these still be too bouncy for superlows or should they still be alright?

my car will drop down 45mm at the front and what ever i chop off the rears :p

also is $309 a good price? thats for front and rears?

all opinions apreciated.

Thanks
Ehab

#6 ·
Got Lovell's and KYB Adjustables. Go well on my AU. Haven't been too impressed lately as the car has a bit of body roll, in which I will adjust them back to a harder ride and see how they go (have done practically no driving with them hard yet). Hopefully keep me a bit happier, otherwise, I will be getting stronger bars in.
Overall, am pretty happy with them. Just want less body roll, and want it lower too. If I had the money, probably would have gone Koni just for the sake of it.

#7 ·
i had superlows and kybs in my EB and the car handled better with that then my ED which has the full kmac set up

#8 ·
Selekta said:
Are Blitzens worth the extra grand?

Are they much better then say...Koni's or Monroe GT's?
WTF are Blitzens? Do you mean Bilsteins or... ?

Bilsteins will cost you $985 for all four corners but will last 200,000kms or so before they need to be rebuilt/serviced, Konis will be around $900 (much the same as Bilsteins) and appropriate KYBs for superlows should come in around $500. Are the ones you're looking at getting second hand?

Let us know how you go either way.

#11 ·
xrated - there not second hand, my mate owns motorquipe, so i get most things for pretty much cost price.

galapogos01 - the rears are only 106bux a pair and what i hear are a lot better then monroes.

i just went to get a wheel allignment and the guy showed me underneath the car........ not good.......... i need a front end rebuild, all bushes completly perished (swaybar doesnt have two bushes on the little rod that comes down), all ball joints are hammered. gonna cost me about $440 for a full rebuild! so im getting the shocks this week and getting the rebuild done next week.

im gonna order the shocks on thursday should have them by friday, and fitted on saturday (possibly), i might just do the rears now because they have to take out the front shocks to rebuild the top ball joints. should i get them to fit the front shocks while there at it?

thanks for the help guys. ill post up results in ride height and opinions in ride quality afterwards.

Ehab

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.