Ford Forums banner

opinions please

3K views 28 replies 9 participants last post by  TIKFD6 
#1 ·
Ok, so now the mod bug has attacked and I'm on the hunt for new rims and suspension for the AU1 XR6.

I have already been pointed to the whiteline site (thankyou Kerry) and will probably go that way.
After the suspension it will be time for new rims. First choice is for a set of the original Tickford 17" AU1 rims but, if the $2000 (without tyres) price from Ford is anything to go by I think I'll just go straight to the 18" aftermarkets.

My problem is I am very, very fussy and have not found too many rims I like. So far they have been few and far between however I have found a set I like and want some opinions on how people think they would look.

Opinions?

Advanti Vallens 18x7.5

#5 ·
LOL...I'm keeping quiet on this one Shane....and I'm not responsible for you catching the bug...you've got it in ya for ages, just needed a little push.

Happy New Year to you and the family in advance mate. Have a good one!

#19 ·
i like the Enkei BXM2 17x8 its on the YHI website that HOTBDZ put up. i priced them at 460 each...without tyres.

#26 ·
bsmyth said:
Sounds a bit high.
Got a set of NEW BA XR 17's for 2k with new tyres
It is high, but considering that Ford sell them new for $2000 WITHOUT tyres it is a lot better.
It turns out that the AU1 17" rim is the most expensive 17" rim Ford sell (from the mouth of the service dept guy).

Typical! :fraz:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.