Ford Forums banner

Ordered my King Superlows, how do I fit them?

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  BLO GMH 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I ordered some King Spring Superlows for the rear end of my EA and was wondering if someone could give me a quick run-down on how to fit them.

Cheers,

Sundeep

#2 ·
Got the rears out no thanks to anyone here :hehe: Pretty damn proud of my self lol.

Anyone got any pointers on putting the Kings in? Anything I should do while these are out?

The box for the springs doesn't have King Springs written on them anywhere. The part No. is FFRL -275L. Does anyone know if this is right?

Cheers,

Sundeep

#4 ·
yeah i got some kingspring lows in a totally differant box you will notice on the tags that are stuck on the actual spring they say king springs. Not really any tips just put them back in the way they you took the otehrs out. And im sure there is a left and a right spring

#5 ·
i think you'll find that part number is: FFRL -27 SL. the SL obviously stands for SUPERLOW. shouldn't need to compress them to put them in, just make sure when yo lower the jack and put the car back on the ground that the springs are sitting correctly in saddles.....i always had trouble with this in my XF when i got any work done where they put the car on a hoist......bastards never check the springs!!

cheers!

#6 ·
don't let the back of ur car fall of the jack like mine did :p

#7 ·
Thanks for the tips guys. Picking them up in a little while :D

No John, I won't let it fall :p lol

Sundeep

#9 ·
#10 ·
In regards to you being supplied the wrong springs:

my g/f had the EXACT same problem with Bursons in Dandenong!!!!! she ordered superlows and picked them up and had them installed only to find they were only lowered ones!!! of course first thing we did (after letting them settle for 2 weeks) was go back to dandy and they were total pricks about it and said they will only swap them over if we payed to get them taken out and the new ones installed and also we'd have to get another wheel alignment!! i said bullshit to the manager at dandy and got onto a mate who suggested i call head office and ask for Terry Penney. turns out he was one of the owners of bursons and he said to supply him with a quote for labour to get the springs swapped and another wheel alignment and fax it to him. in the end i got the work done, paid for it and faxed him the receipt and he sent me a cheque covering all costs!!! i suggest if your bursons isn't helping you out - try the same thing!!! good luck, i hate to see a 4WD Falcon!!

cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.