Pads for ZH (heavy towing) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2004, 05:10   #1 (permalink)

Pads for ZH (heavy towing)

I'm up for new front pads for the ZH which os my towcar whats a good pad when towing 2200kg?
4vxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2004, 19:24   #2 (permalink)
74 XB Fairmont

Re: Pads for ZH (heavy towing)

Use a Bendix performax pad. They should be ample. My mates and I use them in our XB's to stop us @ the end of a drag slip. If they can stop us rapidly and repeatedly from highspeed. They'll work well on your ZH.

Brenden
Old 09-07-2004, 06:50   #3 (permalink)
Proudly Average

consider an upgrade to cross-drilled and slotted rotors too... as you'll know if you tow heavy loads much - brake fade REALLY sucks!
.020 over 351 Clevo, 10:1 comp, ported 302 heads, blueprinted and balanced, custom ground cam, Edelbrock intake, 600 Holley, K&N air filter, Custom Zip-Ties(tm), MSD ignition, Genie extractors, 2 x 2.5" exhaust, 2800rpm stally, rooted C4
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 07:17   #4 (permalink)
74 XB Fairmont

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine
consider an upgrade to cross-drilled and slotted rotors too... as you'll know if you tow heavy loads much - brake fade REALLY sucks!
I don' think there are as benificial when towing. I've towed 3 tonne behind my EL. Brake fade wasn't an issue. I think the pad choice depends whether you'll have fade or not. Cross drilled and slotted are more a race type disc as when towing you don't need the brakes to bite that hard. Otherwise you may end up jack knifing the trailer or have the car on the trailer in your boot.

Brenden
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes