Ford Forums banner

PCD and OFFSET of e-series falcons wheels????

31K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  XR8 Lamah 
#1 ·
Im looking to buy some rims fairly soon, a mate can get me some second hand rims for cheap off some importers and his work (Japanese wreckers), but I need to know the PCD and OFFSET of the e-series falcons. I wanted a set of BBS rims to get powder coated white but I don’t know if they will fit, and he wont bring them into the country until I know if there going to fit, they were 17’s, with a PCD of 114.3mm I think and OFFSET of +45.

Does any one know the PCD and OFFSET of e-series falcons wheels????

Thanks
Ehab

#3 ·
hmm, the PCD sounds familiar and the offset is positive so thats a good sign :)

#4 ·
the PCD is 14.3, but the actual offset seems to be a closely guarded secret :S get them anyway and sell them to a dude with a Au or skyline if they dont fit...

#5 ·
What about the hole (spigot?) in the middle of the rim, where the wheel sits on the hub, isn't it important that the rim fits that as well??

#7 ·
Kenaz said:
I've never seen BBS rims on any model Falcon ever! You tend to see them on E36 BMWs and some Commodores. If you can get them cheap, buy them even if they don't fit the Falcon because you can sell them and make a small profit ;)

Ash
ash EB Fairmont Ghias had em factory. i think the ED Ghia rims were an evolution of the same rim

someone told me falcons have an offset of 0. so i dunno.

and 114.something sounds right

#8 ·
i thought AU's were a 0 offset, and E-Series were a positive offset.
hence why AU wheels hit suspension parts on E-Series Falcon's

unless AU's are negative offset and E-Series are 0 :p

#11 · (Edited)
Pre AUs have Zero Offset, check an E series wheel, the hub part is in the middle of the wheel, where the AUs/BAs are closer to the outside of the wheel. (which is why you cant get 'dished' wheels for Au/Ba)

#14 ·
Actually I think I stuffed up! I think the E-series could be a zero offset. Cause what Martin said makes sense. I think the +30 offset i was referring to may have been for adapter hubs that I was going to get once when I was thinking of fitting jap chrome rims to my EA (yes...I know...what was I thinking?) Cause I think the rims I wanted had a +30 offset so I needed adapter hubs that converted the car to a Commodore stud pattern with +30 offset.

#15 · (Edited)
No, I don't know the answer to the question but I will say quoting offset without wheel width is a NONSENSE. Zero offset 6" rims will be 25mm -ve offset 8" rims if the backspacing is maintained. This is what most manufacturers do as this is where most fouling problems are likely to occur with the steering, brake, suspension components etc.

The extra width is usually just added to the outside, thus changing where the centreline of the wheel is and the offset required.

#16 ·
which reminds me, i seen an AU Ute yesterday with Turbo blades on it :eek:

#18 ·
I thought the E series were 10 offset (can't remember which way tho).

Afaik offset is fixed. Altering the offset of the wheel will stress the bearings . . . While you obviously can fit different offset rims, as well as stressing bearings, you can do some awful things to the handling of the car...

The ‘Offset’ of a wheel measures the distance between the wheel centreline and the wheel mounting face and is measured in millimetres. It is extremely important that wheels of the correct offset are used in order to maintain the correct track of the vehicle.
- from http://www.talontire.com/tireglossary.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.