Pedders sportsryder issues - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2004, 03:16   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Pedders sportsryder issues

I'm running sportsryder lowered shockers all round, with sportsryder springs in the rear and King lows in the front. Besides the rear being too high, I'm having issues with the washer side of things.

Anyone who has put them in themselves would knows the shaft is wider than the stock shocker shaft for some reason (10mm factory VS 12.5mm Pedders). Now, I got the shockers second hand (some on, would I really pay for them brand new?), but they didn't come with the right washers.

I went into Pedders (foolishly without a set of verniers), asking if they could help me. The guy grabbed a set of washers and assured me they were the right ones, even when I questioned him because they looked a tad small. Sure enough, car up on the hoist, drop the shockers and they don't fit, 10mm.

Right now I have one side with a 10mm washer drilled out to 12.5mm (I ****ed a drill bit doing it) and the other side is a 10mm washer on the bottom (which I suspect broke yesterday), the body, 2 factory bushes (to keep the bastard quiet) and a 10mm washer on top.

Bunnings, Repco, Bursons and Autobarn have been no help in finding suspension spec washers. Pedders are a bunch of idiots. Who makes Pedders gear, I might go to them directly, unless anyone has any other ideas, I'm sick of running around with this dodgey shit in the car.
psycho chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2005, 14:42   #2 (permalink)
THE PHANTOM

Re: Pedders sportsryder issues

Posibly try a place like UNI Fasteners or similar, that just sell nuts bolts and washers. The other way if you have the gear, is to file out the cetre of the washer using a vice and round file, or a tapered reamer. Drill bits tend to grab, as I guess you found out. If you really get desperate, a machine shop would be able to bore a hole up the centre of a piece of stainless and pair some off for you.
Old 01-13-2005, 19:42   #3 (permalink)

Your The Idiot For Buying Them Second Hand.
JOSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 16:57   #4 (permalink)

yes the sports ryder range has a bigger shaft than the comfort range try pedders dandenong ask for scott im sure he can help or try there head office in keysborough. they sell kits that contain new bushes washers etc obviosly the dick you spoke to at the pedders branch did not want to know. and moroe make there shocks to pedders own spec hope this helps cheers GREG
venomXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes