Pigs Brakes - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2004, 06:13   #1 (permalink)
AT The Gates Of Hell

Pigs Brakes

I just read the article on the au site about pig's brakes can someont tell me if that set will fit the AU XR8 std rims and where in vic would i be able to get them. My brakes need some attention real bad a quick machine would fix them but i want to upgrade sooner or later.
www.subsonicsymphonee.com
AUXR8TICKFORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2004, 08:43   #2 (permalink)
AUTS50 #012

Re: Pigs Brakes

As long as you have 17" rims and your car is bulit between 04/2000 and 09/2002, they'll fit. The kit is by >PBR< and the product code is PK2 for IRS sedans and PK3 for live axel sedans. You can order through any reputable parts stores such as Repco, Bursons, Autobarn ..etc. Cost is around $2'500 for the full kit front and rear.

Here's a pic of the kit:

Can't understand why hardly anyone has developed a kit like this for the AU series 1's. If any car needed a brake upgrade, it's the series 1 AU's with the single pot front calipers and CD size front discs.
012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 09:22   #3 (permalink)
You can do eeeit!

Just a hypothetical question here for the interests of others here before I forget to ask, but would the steelie spare rim fit over this setup?

3FB - The Official Site for cruising, eating and talking shite click here.

Member of the FPV-Tickford Club of NSW

3FB Mesh Bandit #2: 2002 AUIII XR6 HP _Oo===oO_
Dark_Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 09:30   #4 (permalink)
AUTS50 #012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Horse
Just a hypothetical question here for the interests of others here before I forget to ask, but would the steelie spare rim fit over this setup?
I'm guessing not. Have a look at the pic below from the article on aufalcon.com. The wheels are 17" and the caliper is damn close to the inner edge.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pigbrake003.jpg (61.9 KB, 63 views)
Old 08-24-2004, 15:10   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

So doea anyone know of any upgrades for the AU1 brakes?
BlueAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 00:10   #6 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAU
Brad I've looked into it mate. The upgrades I'm going to do are theDBA slotted rotors and bedix ultimate pads combination. That's about as far as you can go really. If you want to upgrade to a larger caliper (twin piston) you will need a spindle that will support it, and I'm not sure but I think a different lower control arm and master cylinder. Alot of fcuking around and alot of expenses. That's why im just going with the above mentioned DBA slotted and Bendix ultimates.

On a similar topic I was just wondering if anyone knows about the VT upgrade on commodores. I hear it's quite simple and relatively cheap to do a twin piston (VT Caliper) upgrade to any commodre VN-VS. What's different about their set up that makes it so much easier to do?
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 00:17   #7 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUGZMK
Can't understand why hardly anyone has developed a kit like this for the AU series 1's. If any car needed a brake upgrade, it's the series 1 AU's with the single pot front calipers and CD size front discs.
I agree mate. You are laughing though, as you got those nice big twin piston Tickford calipers up front like all the Tseries, but for people with anything else that's an AU series 1, they are stuck with taxi brakes. I'm disgusted Ford put such terrible brakes on XR's. I think atleast they should have had twin piston calipers on the XR8 and XR6 VCT. It doesn't help that I have really cheap pads on (not for long), but everything else on my car is great except the brakes. It's the only serious let down.
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 01:10   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

How much do the new DBA rotors go for Eamon?
Old 08-25-2004, 07:15   #9 (permalink)
AUTS50 #012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAU
Found a front brake upgrade for the AU I. www.cebcobrakes.com.au has one. Go to Applications/Select make/AU I/17" wheels/FAL120. Very good pakage, but for the same price, you can get the PBR front and rear upgrade if you had a AUII .
Old 08-25-2004, 15:16   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUGZMK
Found a front brake upgrade for the AU I. www.cebcobrakes.com.au has one. Go to Applications/Select make/AU I/17" wheels/FAL120. Very good pakage, but for the same price, you can get the PBR front and rear upgrade if you had a AUII .
Cheers mate, will look into it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes