Ford Forums banner

Professional suspension lowering

2K views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  mickt 
G
#1 ·
I have stock suspension on my EA and you guys have told me that it's one of the first best mod's to do on an EA.

I read some of the comments people have done to their EA suspension. I have consulted with my Insurance company and they will only permit me to lower my suspension to 1.5". (I reckon this is low enough)

I am not an expert on this but can someone please tell me how it can be done correctly without a bodgy job? A mate tells me that the bumpstops should be fitted/enchanced to suit the lower height so the tyre doesn't scrape on the inside of the wheel bays even when running over gravel roads, speedbumps and driveways.

Is a suspension kit the only solution?

G
#3 ·
From stock height my car dropped 4in. The handling is 100% better as ppl who have had it done earlier would know. Bumpstops are fitted on the shocker piston that are a progressive type crush so they will be fine, i drove my car over potted gravel/dirt today and no probs, haven't scraped at all.
Try Pedders or something for a proffessional job.
Cheer's

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.