Ford Forums banner

Question about ford focus tires

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  360ci 
#1 ·
I was thinking about attaining a ford mustang man. I like it, but wanted to know what kind of tires to get? I don't know about the bridgstone and the michelline tires and the difference about them. Thats why I'm inquiring about the bridge stones or michelines. Does anybody know which ones might be definitely or supposedly better? I want to be able to take off sometimes and know that my tires are absolutely supporting me. I know i like to take off once in a while, why do you think I want a mustang... thats how I know I should be interested in good tires. So let me know because my mustang ownership is really going to be eminent here for sure.

So let me know about your tires and experiences with either bridgestone or micheline decisions. I know one guy told me once that he had bridgestone on the front and micheline tires on the rear. I thought that was funny. Do any of you have a mixture of a different tire variety? Would this account for differences in taking off? thanks for your help. I'll always be a mustang fan! I love mustangs. My brother has a mustang! thats how I know I will always be a mustang man!

#3 ·
i bought my focus used and the wheels were wrapped in Hankook Radial K106 but I recently changed them to BF Goodrich G-Force tires and those are running great! last a long time and have superior grip on the road. but if you are only weighing the two... go micheline. I worked at car dealerships for years and the service dept changes tires on all the trade ins and they usually put on michelines for their quality. kinda pricey though.

#4 ·
Personally I'm running Bridgestone Potenza's on my 'stang, and they're great, I get a nice even grip on the road but if I want to break them loose it doesn't require a whole lot, what kind of tires you get really depends on what best suits your driving style.

#5 ·
Michelin makes some OUTSTANDING street/track tires. As mentioned though, you do pay for them and they often have a very short mileage life; upwards to 20K if you baby them.

I ran some slicks for the track with my old '90 5.0L GT fastback 5 speed. I can't say I've run bridgestone tires on anything but my old tractor trailer, as they gave me EXCELLENT mileage for the size and price. Again, I can't compare apples to oranges, they might both be fruit, but are eaten differently. I recommend Michelin. If your budget is a bit limited you can try Toyo, they have good high performance tires for the money, but Michelin is tops in my book.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.