Ford Forums banner

raising my ride... maybe

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  EB2Ghia 
#1 ·
hey all, my EF currently has superlow King springs and Monroe GT shocks all round, the ride quality is pretty crap and the car "tracks" alot (by this i mean the front end has a tendancy to wander a fair bit). Does anyone else have this happen?
A local suspension place i spoke to said the car "tracks" because it is so low (they also said something about the steering rack being on a funny angle or something because of the lowering). They recommended putting in "Formula" sportslow springs (which are apparently made by King) and that should stop/greatly reduce the "tracking" and improve the ride quality a bit. Are these a good spring?
Obviously raising the car is going to detract from the looks, but if it means a better, safer feeling ride and improved handling i think it's probably the go.
What are your opinions???

#2 ·
I'm content with a bumpy ride. I have super low springs shortened koni adjustables at the rear (set to 3/4s) and monroe GTS upfront. also camber kits and a 30mm sway bar. i found that my car didnt track till i got my 17's with 235 rubber. before then it was just bumpy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.