Ford Forums banner

Rear bumpstops in a BA

12K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  russellw 
#1 ·
I've had a quick look at these things, but can't seem to work out how they are removed. Any help please? They need to be replaced with shorter ones, but I want to work out how to take them off before I get the new ones.
Cheers

#4 ·
So now you have to raise the car to give adequate suspension travel.

Cutting bumpstops is generally stupid. It just increases the stiffness of the bumpstop, so that when the suspension hits the bumpstop the bumpstop acts as a really stiff spring. This causes a sudden weight transfer. This translates to a rough ride and unpredicatable handling. Cutting the bumpstops can also allow suspension components to bind and fail.

#5 ·
Shorter bumpstops are available aftermarket.
The bumpstop in the BA isn't like an ordinary bump stop. It is soft, acting much like a spring. They are simply Kingsprings Ultralows, which many people have fitted to their cars, now would someone please just answer my question as opposed to lecturing me about lowering the car?!?!?

#8 ·
I'm not sure if they bolt in or somehow squeeze in. Ive jacked the car up, and seen the bumpstop is hollow, but arn't keen to go sticking my fingers up there to see if theres a bolt or anything, as I don't trust the jack, or have jackstands.

#9 ·
I had a look under a BA. The bumpstop is extremely soft and very close to the arm even at stoke ride height. I noticed that it was hollow so I assume that there is a bolt inside it.

Do yourself a favour and buy some axle stands they are a cheap investment that can save your life. A manual for the car would also be of use.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.