Ford Forums banner

Rear control Arm bushes?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  donuts2001 
#1 ·
Hey fellas.

I have been very slack in regards to the replacement of my currently stuffed Rear control arm bushes, both upper and lower.

Just wondering if anyone here has replaced them, and was getting the new bushes in the right place hard?
ie. Is it possible to do at home without a commercial press?
I'll be using Noloathane, and could probably save about $150 if I do it myself.

Thanks guys.

#2 ·
d

hey bassy.

What i did for mine was remove the control arms, and buy the bushes seperate, and then took them into a transmission/diff place and they fitted them for $20 per arm.

i only did the lower ones, they cost me about $40 i think plus another $40 to get fitted. They quoted $120 to do the lot so i didnt really save much.

I didnt bother trying to press them in myself.

good luck

ben

G
#3 ·
Haven't done my back suspension before but have done the front suspension and the back looks so much easier!

As for pressing the bushes in, just use the bolt, nut and washer trick. Get a bolt thats long enough to go through the metal centre thing and through the 2 parts of the new bush and tighten the nut up so that the bush gets pressed in.

For taking out the old bush do the same thing but use a bit of round metal tubing cut to about 10cms in length, and place it on the side of the bush with a large washer on the pipe side and small washer on the bush side and tighten the nut so that the bush gets pulled inside the pipe.... if you know what i mean.

Good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.