Repairing Tickford Wheels - Gutter scrape - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2003, 20:36   #1 (permalink)

frown Repairing Tickford Wheels - Gutter scrape

My dad took out my AUII Fairmont Ghia and scraped both the passenger side wheels against the kerb! Argh!!

I've heard that scraped wheels can be repaired. They're the factory fitted tickford 5 spoke wheels. Can anyone recommend a good repairer in Sydney, and how much would I be looking at to get them repaired to as new condition?

Cheers.
Gekko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2003, 05:46   #2 (permalink)
.au member

Re: Repairing Tickford Wheels - Gutter scrape

yeah my dad has the same car, same wheels - is yours liquid silver?!

i'm not sure about getting them repaired, but depending on how bad the damage is you may even be able to just smooth it out. luckily those rims have a bit of a lip on them, so the spokes are recessed behind it, meaning if you do hit a gutter or something you might just scrape the lip of the rim a bit (by the lip i mean the part that makes contact with the tyre), and not have any damage to the spokes.

how bad is it?
back2thefutura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 15:41   #3 (permalink)

Nah, mine is Silhouette (I prefer to say black). Yes, it is the rim and not the spokes that are scratched. One rim is badly scratched, the other is not as noticeable. I have thought about smoothing it out, but I dont know how that affects things like the wheel balance, etc.
Old 10-21-2003, 18:13   #4 (permalink)
You can do eeeit!

I got mine repaired at a Bob Janes Haberfield. The left front must've hit like a rock or large chunk of asphalt driving through roadworks on the F3 at night. It gouged a few mm into one of the spokes and at two other places between the other spokes. It cost me $60 to get that repaired.

After parking behind a commodore I kissed the gutter with that same rim 2 days later, cost me $30 to repair It shouldn't affect wheel balance too badly.

3FB - The Official Site for cruising, eating and talking shite click here.

Member of the FPV-Tickford Club of NSW

3FB Mesh Bandit #2: 2002 AUIII XR6 HP _Oo===oO_
Dark_Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 18:31   #5 (permalink)

great... Bob Janes Haberfield isn't too far from me, and I need a couple of new tyres too. $30 sounds very reasonable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes