Converting Watts Link Rubber Bushes to Poyurethane Bushes - The Difference
Since My Wifes VL Commodore seriously needed new bushes on the Panhard rod, rear axle had about 2" sideways movement so I fitted new polyurethane bushes, took about an hour.
It cured the cars' wandering axle so much that I decided to do the same on the Mighty EF.
The Holden Panhard rod setup is reasonable but not great.
The Ford Watts Link is a much better design because the system has NO Lateral movement. Axle goes up & down not sideways.
I fitted the polyuerethane kit (5 Bushes) about 2 hours work, with a fair bit of fiddling to remove the whole track rod assembly, then remove the old rubber bushes & fit the new ones.
Wow what a difference ! I didn't realize how much give the rubber bushes have.
Without exaggerating, the handling is transformed, gone is the nervousness on sharp turn-in sweepers etc, the whole tail feels, glued to the road.
It's like all the other suspension work I've done has now come together as a complete package. (Springs, Koni Shocks, Sway Bars, Control Arms, Nolethane Bushes)
I know later Falcons have some Nolethane bushes standard, but I recomend to ALL - Fit the kit ! it's worth it (@ $50)