Retrofitting AU11 standard brakes onto AU1 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2001, 07:17   #1 (permalink)
GalanT2TE50

Retrofitting AU11 standard brakes onto AU1

Anyone know if this is do-able?
If so, anyone want to buy a one-week old set of AU11 calipers, pads and rotors?
I went the premium brakes option y'see...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2001, 18:53   #2 (permalink)
clubby5000i

Still for sale
How much for the lot?
Have any piccys?
I'm posting for a mate with an AUXR8 Series 1 Ute
Thanks
Email <a href="mailto:gblepd@austarnet.co...net.com.au</a>
Old 11-15-2001, 03:40   #3 (permalink)
Dom

> Retrofitting AU11 standard brakes onto AU1

I think you need the AUII spindals as the "two pots" are mounted on the front of the disc and also had a bigger brake booster.
The dash pannel was modified to fit the new booster so that cant be used but the master cylinder may fit on the old booster but Im not sure if it has a larger capacity and is worth the effort (I may try to fit one soon).
The AU1 had them mounted on the back of the disc between the tie rod attatchment point and the spindal upright.
Im not sure if changing the spindals will upset the front end geometry as the spindals were a new casting but I do know that you will need the 16 inch wheels to go over the two pots.
Good Luck
Dom
Old 11-24-2001, 05:35   #4 (permalink)
john mans

au brakes

hi im interested in your brakes i have just built an AU1
fairlane stretch and i need AU2 brakes please e mail me johnmans@atu.com.au what parts do you have I know you have to change the spindles and the master cyl
im going to do the rears as well please email me
thanks
regards
john
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes