Ford Forums banner

Shockers to suit Lowered XR8

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  XtRmn8 
#1 ·
After having the car (EL XR8) lowered with superlow king spings.
Ive decided to replace all the shockers now as im sick of the bouncing.
Thinking of going the Monroe GT gas shockers or maybe Gabriel's
Im not planning on spending big on bilstein or koni adjustibles, although i know there a great shocker.

Any one got any advice on which shockers they used with superlow kingspring?
How was the ride? Did it reduce the bouncing after going over bumps?

#3 ·
EBXR said:
I presume you kept your standard shocks when you put the lowered springs in. What ever shocks you get, make sure they are to suit your lowered springs, and not the standard ride height.
Yeah, at the moment i still have the standard tickford shocks in her.
I'd be definately looking out for a lowered shocker and not make a mistake and buy the tickford height shocker

#6 ·
Monroe's will do the job ok. Also budget for an adjustable camber kit as well, and it wouldn't hurt to put some money aside for new bushes. Just a word of warning - running with superlows may cause you to wear the front bushes pretty quick, I am on my 3rd set! (The 2nd set was dodgy though)

#7 ·
Mr Sparkle said:
Monroe's will do the job ok. Also budget for an adjustable camber kit as well, and it wouldn't hurt to put some money aside for new bushes. Just a word of warning - running with superlows may cause you to wear the front bushes pretty quick, I am on my 3rd set! (The 2nd set was dodgy though)
Yeah already got a camber/caster kit put on.
Lower control arm bushes are brand new.

mite settle for the monroe gt gas shockers.

anyone know how much there worth?

#8 ·
Thomas said:
After having the car (EL XR8) lowered with superlow king spings.
Ive decided to replace all the shockers now as im sick of the bouncing.
Thinking of going the Monroe GT gas shockers or maybe Gabriel's
Im not planning on spending big on bilstein or koni adjustibles, although i know there a great shocker.

Any one got any advice on which shockers they used with superlow kingspring?
How was the ride? Did it reduce the bouncing after going over bumps?
G'day mate, I've got an EL with Suprelows all round and Monroe GT GAS shocks and they are great. They are also cheap, compared to other brand shocks. The rear shocks are one fits all, standard or lowared. But the front struts are different for lowared cars! If you want I can dig up the invoice with the stock numbers of em! Good Luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.