shocks for superlows? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2004, 04:43   #1 (permalink)
White Lightning

shocks for superlows?

im getting superlows in my ed soon, but i have absolutely NO idea about shocks. all i know is that i need a shortened shockie cos im running superlows. so i need to know some brands and models if possible so a mate can get them for me.

all i know is kyb something and i need 4 and not to be spending an arm and a leg [ie koni adjustables].
Lukey Extractors, Mandrel Bent 2.5" Exhaust w/ High Flow Cat & 2 Hotdogs, Kings Springs Super Lows, KYB Short Throw Shocks, DBA Slotted Rotors [F], RDA Standard Rotors [R], Bendix Advance Pads, K&N Panel Filter
derb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2004, 05:14   #2 (permalink)

Re: shocks for superlows?

I got Monroe GT's in my EF because I heard that they still gave a good ride with superlows, and they do. They wouldnt handle as good as others, but they dont bottom out with a full car load, dont pound your ass on a long drive, and they are well priced.
stockstandard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 01:30   #3 (permalink)
White Lightning

well called a few places and decided on kyb shocks. just incase anyone else wants to know im getting part number 833001 in the front and part number 343327 in the back with kings superlows all round. the guys at kings springs were great, they knew more about kyb shockies than the guy at kyb did.
Lukey Extractors, Mandrel Bent 2.5" Exhaust w/ High Flow Cat & 2 Hotdogs, Kings Springs Super Lows, KYB Short Throw Shocks, DBA Slotted Rotors [F], RDA Standard Rotors [R], Bendix Advance Pads, K&N Panel Filter
Old 09-30-2004, 01:16   #4 (permalink)
5 Litres of Fun

I'm running KYB shocks with my Superlows. You will be happy.
Old 09-30-2004, 01:23   #5 (permalink)
White Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairmont1998
I'm running KYB shocks with my Superlows. You will be happy.
thanks for that. i feel a bit better now.
Old 09-30-2004, 02:20   #6 (permalink)

how much r those kyb shocks for a front pair? and is it essential that i get shortened shocks with superlows because i just bought Munro GT gas shocks a few months back.
joelburden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 02:45   #7 (permalink)
Ford Member

Yeah.. Also curious about the KYB. About to order some Superlows for my ute and realised I need shocks with them aswell!

Also, howmuch are the Monroe gas GT's?
Fordz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 04:34   #8 (permalink)
'90 EA-II Fairmont

You can run superlows with standard shocks, however it will kill them faster, so if you just bought some recently you might be better to keep them and sell them, or keep them in case u want to sell ur car without the suspension setup?
Rosewood EAII Fairmont 02/90. MPFI 3.9L (formerly CFI), 4spd BTR Auto. Skyline geared 3.45g open center 28 spline 4 pinion differential & axles. 2 1/2" Cat Back Exhaust. King Super Low Springs. Sound: Equalization and amplification by Clarion; Head unit by Sony, Front, Rears and Sub by Pioneer. Planned mods - t5, Extractors, Painting Grey Strips and new front and rear bar.
SileNceR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 04:45   #9 (permalink)
White Lightning

the kyb front shocks are about $150 each. and the rear are about 50 each.
Old 09-30-2004, 22:00   #10 (permalink)

shit. $150 each! i think i will just use my munroes. i mean i just went from the original 14 year old ford items so they cant be that bad even with superlows! thanks
joelburden is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes