Ford Forums banner

What should i do???

Should I keep it a SLEPA or get mags???

3K views 27 replies 13 participants last post by  TIKFD6 
#1 ·
Well, I am having troubles deciding if I should get mags for my car or not.

On friday night when a group of us got down the coast, a guy said did you see that stock looking falcon, it beat me... I started to laugh, as it was me. I beat a VY Storm ute... a couple of times too

I also have pics of my car as it is now, with the 14's. I have got 225's on them so the dont look like the pizza cutting 195 tyres

I want to get either of the 2 mags (which are attached)... Which do you think i should get or keep the SLEPA

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
You know my answer but i'll post away

KEEP THE HUBBIES (although a 15" would be more the go) there is a certain satisfaction being stealth.. Personally i'd throw the $1200 odd your wheels would cost and get some serious headwork done

Its your ride, but i like the way you don't look twice at it until you spot the nice interior or the rear plate zooming off into the distance..

#3 ·
I'd get the AU mags, i recon they look great, but ive basically got the same ones so im a little biased :wnc:

#4 ·
the BA wheels crap all over the AU ones IMHO - if you dont get them, i will!

but as for the sleeper/no sleeper thing....i love the sleeper, destroying that ute yesterday was awesome! so funny....i reckon BA wheels though, because the increase in grip and handling will be well worth it!

BA wheels all the way!

#5 ·
I'll be a bit different here. I'll say that you should get mags (just on the basic unsprung weight principle) and hoose the ones that YOU like the best. Easiest way to choose, set a timer for 5 seconds, then make the decision within that time and stick to it. That way, the ones your heart says are the right ones will force you to make a decision as the brain doesn't get to even fire up in 5 seconds.
As for sleeper, really, over 50% of cars come std with alloys now so it's not a huge deal. Do the mags, drop the car on lows and you still have a sleeper IMHO. Then go out and kill a few HSV's!:s6:

#7 ·
I do like the BA wheels more than the AU ones, but i still think they would both look great on my car

Casper - My car is already lowered, but not superlow...

Otsile - My rear traction on any tread is pretty crap :) I spose i have only tried with 225's, i wonder how much difference 235's will make.

#12 ·
Get the BA mags, they look awesome, and would suit your car without giving too much away. IMO anyway.

Either that, or get some 15inch stockies, and get them widened so they can take wider rubber =) I love a sleeper.

-Dale

#13 ·
Thats not an oil leak, its sweat from all that horsepower
man, my car must have about 700hp at the crank at least then :s6:

and that sign in your sig HAS to be a photoshop? do you have a larger version you can send to me?

#14 ·
mate i got the same issue with rims... its a toguh one, i love rims that are dished for the eb but the only oens i can fined that are dished that come with thecorrect offset is the simmons and i aint guna pay $900 a rim! im leaning towards the AU ones for me... its personal choice... goodluck with yoru selection.. you can always buy my rims as a replacment for the hubbies :p

#16 ·
Go the factory futura 5 spokers. Better then hubbies, and its common enough to still have the slepa image.

#17 · (Edited)
Rollin said:
man, my car must have about 700hp at the crank at least then :s6:

and that sign in your sig HAS to be a photoshop? do you have a larger version you can send to me?
Only 700? By the looks of my engine anyone would think im into quad figures :razz:

Heres the larger version of my atvar... doesnt look photoshopped to me. Or its a really good one.

Attachments

#19 ·
keep it sleepa and do soemthing else to the engine, how much are rims costing by the way? get some ef 15s put 235's on it and put the atleast extra grand on something to do with engine or suspension, interior even, why dont you look for some second hand rims too, i got my ef xr 16inch razor blades (think that s what there called) for 300bux with almost new prestige (or some shit) tyres, made a huge difference in handling.

Ehab

#20 ·
the rims are going to cost $900 without rubber. I have thought of putting EF 15" steelies with Futura Hubcaps...

I have already lowered the car, and have a nice interior consisting of ED XR8 Sprint front and rear seats, and EF Door trims.

I saw some BA XR's on the way home tonight with wheels which are nearly exactly the same as the ones i want. They do look great when they are rolling...

#22 ·
The BA copies...

Ohh i love the interior. Its soo nice and comfy!!! :p You should be happy with the interior you have, its heaps better than the std seats that came in my car, as you sit soo bloody high up.

But the door trims are cool too, with the blue LED's in the handles

#26 ·
keep the hubbies and get a Taxi sign for the roof, could make some extra bucks......just kidding. I like the AU mags best! To me they look better styled and classier. They even look good on XBs.
http://www.fordforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22522&viewer=1

But if the BA wheels are newer and BIGGER then they Must be better, hey?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.