Ford Forums banner

SP 9000 Tyre Wear

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  012 
#1 ·
Have run a quick search for anything on this subject but can't find anything directly addressing this question.

So, what km's are you guys getting. And what driving do you do.

I got about 7500km's out of my rear tyres, fronts are OK. Drive fairly hard especially cornering, don't do burnouts etc; hardest I have driven my car was on track day.

Personally I thought the SP3000 on my T were a better tyre than these 9000's

#4 ·
I got 25000 out of 9000s on my T3 I thought that wasn't to bad, I put some Yokie AVS V102s on it this time, well its a diffrent car ! done 11000ks on them so far and there wearing very well, It looks like at this stage they will give a few more Ks than the Dunlops..

#5 ·
Redhawk said:
Have run a quick search for anything on this subject but can't find anything directly addressing this question.

So, what km's are you guys getting. And what driving do you do.

I got about 7500km's out of my rear tyres, fronts are OK. Drive fairly hard especially cornering, don't do burnouts etc; hardest I have driven my car was on track day.

Bloody hell!!

Thats the worst tyre life i have heard of from the Dunlop 9000's, some guys are using them on the strip and get more than that.
I think Hypnodoc spoke to someone at Dunlop and they came to the party on replacements at a good price

#6 ·
sbutler said:
I got 25000 out of 9000s on my T3 I thought that wasn't to bad, I put some Yokie AVS V102s on it this time, well its a diffrent car ! done 11000ks on them so far and there wearing very well, It looks like at this stage they will give a few more Ks than the Dunlops..
What price did you pay for the Yokohama's ?
Cheers John

#7 ·
Redhawk said:

Something just dosent add up,you should be getting at least 20,000. You sure you did not do any burnouts ? lol
Cheers John

#8 ·
Trust me John, NO.

Sure did a couple of small burnouts on track day, who does'nt, but normal driving no way, the occasional chirp from the lights that's all.

I expected about 20 - 25 k out of them and would have been happy with that. So if Dunlop don't come to the party there is no way I will be putting them back on my car at $550 a tread. It will be Toyo Trampio's 255/35/18's @ $280 each, fitted and balanced.

#9 ·
GTP 320 said:
What price did you pay for the Yokohama's ?
Cheers John
If you shop around you should get them for about $440 each , and worth every cent.........

#13 ·
38psi all round and no burnouts.........got me stuffed.

Ringing Paul at Dunlop HO Melbourne again Monday.

#14 ·
Rodderz said:
my sp9000's have done 25,000km, still a few months left

keep pressures up high 30's, dont go too silly with burnouts and they will last a lot longer
You must be happy with that and with all thoses Calder nights.
Cheers John

#15 ·
GTP 320 said:
You must be happy with that and with all thoses Calder nights.
Cheers John
lol, there hasnt been many trips to calder, and i dont really spin the tyres much anyway, street tyres dont really need it

But i'm pretty happy, but while they are a dedicated road performance tyre you would expect no less than 25-30,000 out of a set of tyres

#16 ·
Redhawk said:
I expected about 20 - 25 k out of them and would have been happy with that. So if Dunlop don't come to the party there is no way I will be putting them back on my car at $550 a tread. It will be Toyo Trampio's 255/35/18's @ $280 each, fitted and balanced.
Get Hankook Ventus K104 tyres instead. Same price bracket but a much better tyre.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.