Australian Falcon Member
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Western Australia
Re: Spring/Shock Brands
I've had Monro Sensatrack and GT, Gabriel, Pedders Comfort Gas, Koni Yellow, Koni Red and KYB on my car over the last 8 years.
IMO from this experience:
1. Bilstein Rule - absolutely no question (would be well worthwhile even at twice the price!).
2. Gabriel VST are the next best (very surprising as they're probably the cheapest shocks you can get) BUT - I had problems with them lasting - this may have been a bad batch tho. As a matter of fact Gabriels are possibly a tad better even than Bilstein at high speed.
3. KYB are a competent replacement option for OEM but I probably wouldn't think of them as a performance enhancement.
4. Koni are OVER RATED and OVER PRICED!!
5. Monro Sensatrack - VOMIT!!
6. Monro GT - just like hard std shockies IMO (KYB is a better option I reckon).
IT'LL GO OR IT'LL BLOW!!!