which springs are u using - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2001, 19:00   #1 (permalink)

which springs are u using

g'day, am thinking of lowering my auxr6, local ford dealer is doing me a deal on some king springs, only trouble up till a few weeks ago had never heard of em, only knew of pedders,lovells etc. are they good how do they ride, is 25mm enough to get a decent aggro stance without scraping it's guts out.am running 18 inch wheels with yokie 235/40s thanks for any replies.. jimbo
jimmantgaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2001, 22:11   #2 (permalink)
I want a turtle!

Hi,

I just ordered a set of lowered King springs 2 days ago. I have only heard good things about them (and at $50 a corner I couldnt really say no)I am getting the "Low" springs (no the "super low") which lower the car between 30mm - 40mm from standard. I measured it up on my car and there is plenty of clearance for the rims (I too have 18" rims)

I am pretty sure Mike (el2xr8) has King springs (with his adjustable Koni's)...

:-)
Kelli S
Green ED XR8
XR8chic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2001, 06:04   #3 (permalink)
BSR

I have king springs on my au XR8 and no problems.....same as Kelli only got the low and not super low because i have body kit!!!!!!!
XLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2001, 16:28   #4 (permalink)
kiwi

I had King Super low's on an EF Ghia 5l. Used KYB monotube gas struts of course with 'bump stops'. Travel was down to 38mm. Handled well with Selby's Heavy Duty sway bars back and front (although car was so low had to mount rear bar upside down under diff. (made those Commodore guys following keep peering under the car thinking 'what the hells under there?')
Anyway, front end would bottom very hard at speed (say 120 - 160)on things like entry onto bridges, etc, jarring whole car. One had to be very selective on which drives/kerbs you drove into. Carpark buildings were out - ramps and judder bars not good.
AUII XR8 hits front skirts as standard height, so hate to think of one lowered!
Old 07-27-2001, 17:48   #5 (permalink)
Australian EB Fairmont Ghia Member

i have kings springs on the front with pedders shortened struts. rear are pedders. i haven't had any other combo so i can't compare but ride quality is good, even with 17's.
eb_5litre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2001, 13:31   #6 (permalink)
Mike

Yep! I got the SuperLows, along with adjustable Konis, and handles a hell of a lot better. It sits a fair bit lower than stock, looks great, but I have had my share of scrapes :( In particular, places like Castle Hill shopping complex send shivers down my spine, with speed bumps right on the crest of an uphill section.. uuuuggh!!

Anyway, it's still fairly easy to live with, but if you weren't really wanting the extra lowering, you could do like my good mate Rob and get the Low instead of the SuperLow, which still give a nice meaty stance :)

Old 08-02-2001, 16:40   #7 (permalink)
the_mighty_ford_person

i've got whiteline springs with (non-adjustable) koni shocks. apparently it's the ultra low package (lowered 50 mm) and i couldn't be happier! the car handles like a treat, even with the stock 15" wheels, no swaybars (yet) and a live axle.
Old 08-02-2001, 16:45   #8 (permalink)
the_mighty_ford_person

oh, and scraping... i'm getting sick of it now. it happens every time i've got someone with me in the car when i go up my driveway, and i've learnt to ignore the bangs that come from underneath the car while driving though Parramatta westfield carpark. i work in parra so i'm there every day.
Old 08-02-2001, 16:59   #9 (permalink)
Blown_XR6

I've got custom Pedders all round lowered 70mm on my ED with 18s. Rides very good considering how low. Had to roll the lips on guards & does just scape on rear with 265/35 tyres when I have passengers in back though.
Old 08-02-2001, 19:18   #10 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

I priced a set of King springs today, and I was told that the 'low' springs won't change the ride height of the current au/au2 XRs. He said to lower the car, I'd need to go for the 'super low' springs. Is this true or not?
Venom XR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes