Ford Forums banner

strut brace

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Martin 
#1 ·
who knows if you can get strut braces for an ef xr6 ? how much ? where bouts in melb ?

thanks guys !

p.s just thought id mention that REPCO in melb is having a big sale i picked up "performance metal sleeves" that are mock up braided hoses to cover my existing hoses for $30 autobarn is selling the same for $70. It doesnt look that bad either. Something to do and looks better then the ordinary black hoses

#4 ·
I have a Pedders one in my NB Fairlane and recommend it.

I fitted it as, even after fitting a camber kit it kept losing its camber settings and I figured the fender walls were flexing. While we have double A arm rather than strut suspension, to my surprise I found it also it dramatically and noticabley tightened up the front end, reduced body roll and improved cornering speed. I also fitted a sump guard at the same time that may also have helped by bracing the K member. In any event, all this also cured the camber and related tyre wear problems.

A bonus was that I run the throttle and cruise control cables under the strut brace with cable ties and this has extended their life by keeping them a bit further away from the rocker cover and engine heat.

#5 ·
I dont think the Pedders one will fit the EF/EL due to the manifold, but Whiteline make a brace for EF/ELs, from looking at the dodgy pic on their website, it seems to mount from the inner guard to the K-member

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.