Ford Forums banner

Superlow road worthy?

2K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  XF Falcon 
#1 ·
would i get any trouble getting a road worthy certificate with kingspring superlows on?

cheers,

#3 ·
In bris, you should not have a prob, but if i were you i would get a mod plate from the roads authorities, or you might get into a bit of trouble.

#6 ·
as long as there is 100mm between the ground and the lowest point on the body of the vehicle you will have no dramas.

all that 2/3 of bump travel must be retained crap does not need to be taken into account, falcon suspension travel is massive.

#7 ·
In the XF when I put superlows in, with the standard bump-stops, there was about a thumb width of travel before hitting them, so I cut them in half.
Made the ride over medium bumps much better, but the big ones are REALLY big now....lol

#12 ·
In SA superlows are about 50mm below legal height. SA sucks, they state that there must be 360mm of clearence betweeen the center of the hub to the guard on the front and 345mm on the rear

#13 ·
mine is low, and i mean low, easily defect-able. a cop pulled me up for having a head light out. he gave me a warning for the light, commented on how good my car looked with the 16 inch, low profile tyres, and said have a good nite.

#16 · (Edited)
Superlows werent low enough, so we ended up chopping some springs. I just measured mine and its 310 front and 330 rear from middle of the wheel to the arch.. and the lowest point is the exhaust which is 55mm off the ground ;) No wonder she scrapes on everything.

To achieve that I've had to remove the bumpstops.. and even then it would sit on the metal bracket the bumpstops screw into! So we ended up having to remove that to!
Now dont go flaming me about safety.. I know how bad that is

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.