Tyre thread - 15" 215/60
Since i'm back on 15" steelies i'm after some 15" tyres.
I want/would prefer 225s but after reading around on this forum, people dont recommend them since they're only 6" wide. But in saying that, on the Yokohama site, under A539 size chart, it starts from 6" for a 225 tyre - ??? Is it just Yoko's that might be slimmer compared to other 225s?
My other option is to get my steelies widened to 7" - how much is it in melb? Can't remember who but someone was saying $65 per wheel? If i did widen them, i'd only widen the rear 2 for 225s and leave the fronts for 215s.
Anyway, if anyone has had any experience with these wheels, feel free to comment.
This is the list;
Dunlop Le Mans 702
Bridgestone Grid II
- I've read alot about the Yoko's, but the only thing thats putting me off is tread wear, how many kms are people getting on them?
- The Dunlop Le Mans - havent found much about them other than the fact that for a 215 tyre they're as nearly as wide as a 225 tyre
- Hankook K104, not 100% sure if this tyre comes in 215/60 - but i know they got a good wrap in the 17"/18" tyre tests but does it apply to the 15"?
- Grid II - heard good comments about the original Grids, but not much at all about #2
- A500, found these on the Yoko site obviously, have no idea about them other than their info supplied.
EFII Futura - [Auto|King Lows|KYB shocks/struts|17" CSA Force|Hankook K102s|K-Mac Camber Kit|DBA Slotted Fronts + EBC Greenstuff Pads|Wade Stage 2 Cam|XR Steering Wheel|Sony HU & Kicker Speakers all-round]
Future; [2.5" Lukey Exhaust|Darkest Legal Tint|Pacemaker Extractors|Blue LED Dash]