Which Tyres - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2005, 01:18   #1 (permalink)
If Only I Had Lexus Power

Which Tyres

Hi guys,

On my last 2 cars (EL FAirmont Ghia, EF XR6) I have been running Bridgestone Potenza G III Tyres, Whils these grip wonderfully i am after something with a bit more life in them

On the EL i got about 22,000 km out of a set and it is looking the same on the XR

i have only been running -.5 deg camber on the XR for 9 months now and have only just changed to -1.6 deg and the outer edge is worn more on all 4 tyres

I corner hard and fast (Live up in the adelaide hills) and dont do any burnouts apart from occasionly getting it sideways

Anyway im after your tyre recommendations of what you have seen that works well
Bugatti Veyron 16.4 ---- W 16 Configuration, Quad Turbo 1001 HP, 1250Nm, 4 Wheel Drive
redGhia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2005, 07:34   #2 (permalink)

Re: Which Tyres

Hi there, I recently put a set of the Dunlop LM702 onto my mates XR6 and they have done very well, up to 35000km now and still going.
I don't think they will make it much past 45 but he has been very happy with them.
Only will say that they get a bit noisy if you let the pressure drop.
Duke Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 22:33   #3 (permalink)

Re: Which Tyres

Check out the Fula Extremo, Made in Germany, Factory fitted to Porsches, Merc's over there.....Exclusevily distributed by Bob J.

I was dubious at first when I was last shopping for tires, after numerous store managers recommended them at Bob Janes stores. Telling me they had been fitting them to a number of high end HSV's, WRX's etc which previously had much more expensive tires fitted... Owners returning a week later raving about them etc etc.

They are priced allot lower than rival performance tires (at least when I bought mine, $200 each for 235/40/17)
I did some research and decided to go for them. Very highly rated tires, extremely good in wet weather, with very good dry road grip. Road noise 100% better than the Bridgestone grid2's i had previously.

Ive had them for 4 months, hardly worn after around 10,000ks. One Puncture due to a screw the size of an ice pick. (any tire would have punctured)

Overall pleasantly suprised.
Full Monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 07:28   #4 (permalink)

biggrin Re: Which Tyres

When I bought my XR8 it had a set of Khumos on it and they were bloody horrible.Sure they wore like iron but they were lethal in the wet and not much better in the dry.
Swapped em for a set of Uniroyal Rainsports 225/50R16W , about $170 ea.
excellent wet weather grip, really good in the dry but you can overheat them if you push it too hard, minimal road noise.
Down side is, my mate with the tyre service said "you wont get more than 20k out of them". speedo now up to 24k and the wear blocks are starting to loom large across the tread.
Should I buy a new set or try something else?
What is everyone else running?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes