Tyres Hankook Vs Falkien - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2004, 22:20   #1 (permalink)

Tyres Hankook Vs Falkien

Hi guys so what tyres do you prefer. Im looking mainly at hankook Vs Falkien here so what you guys prefer grip in the Wet and Dry. Length of wear also.
Thanks
ktmendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2004, 23:34   #2 (permalink)
When 2 T3s are not enough

Re: Tyres Hankook Vs Falkien

There not tyres there rim protectors, spend a little more money and get something decent, I would go for grip over wear anytime..
Street machine Feb 2002
TE50T3 Remember the GTHO? well your getting close.
Motor mag Jan 2002

Wouldn't you love to say that about your car?You loosers
Noboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 00:34   #3 (permalink)
BSR Twin System (tm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbutler
There not tyres there rim protectors, spend a little more money and get something decent, I would go for grip over wear anytime..
Very True.
Official BSR Website - www.bsrcorp.com
Poster of the 150,000th post!
BSR "DARTH HELMET (tm)"
Marcos Ambrose & SBR, 2003 & 2004 V8SUPERCAR Champions

****ADSLSUPERFASTP0RNPIPE (tm)****
smciner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 01:19   #4 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

As not everybody has the money to buy "decent tyres", then these two represent a bargin buy for performance tyres.

The question was which would you prefer, not these are crap buy something else.

I've had Hankooks on previous cars and there is nothing wrong with them. For their price they are a good buy with plenty of grip. They aren't as good as more expensive tyres in the wet but they are still surefooted and well above your normal road tyre. Many people on this forum are getting
30 - 40 000 kms on them. This is far more than you would get from so called decent tyres. I've owned many expensive brands and frankly I can't see the sense in paying big dollars on tyres that will only last 20 - 25000 kms

As for Falkiens, I have them on my XR6T and I'm not a big fan of them. They have fairly good grip in the dry but scare the crap out of me in the wet.

The only reason they are on the car is that they came with it. Why I don't know as it's something I'm yet to work out with the dealer.

I can't wait until they wear out as I'll be going straight back to the Hanooks.
Old 03-21-2004, 02:03   #5 (permalink)
17" is for 4cyc

Good logical response Jamie.
I have used the Hankook Ventus on my 19's and am very surprised how well they perform in the dry and wet
Old 03-21-2004, 19:02   #6 (permalink)
mmmmm....kookyfudge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie XR6
As not everybody has the money to buy "decent tyres", then these two represent a bargin buy for performance tyres.

The question was which would you prefer, not these are crap buy something else.

I've had Hankooks on previous cars and there is nothing wrong with them. For their price they are a good buy with plenty of grip. They aren't as good as more expensive tyres in the wet but they are still surefooted and well above your normal road tyre. Many people on this forum are getting
30 - 40 000 kms on them. This is far more than you would get from so called decent tyres. I've owned many expensive brands and frankly I can't see the sense in paying big dollars on tyres that will only last 20 - 25000 kms

As for Falkiens, I have them on my XR6T and I'm not a big fan of them. They have fairly good grip in the dry but scare the crap out of me in the wet.

The only reason they are on the car is that they came with it. Why I don't know as it's something I'm yet to work out with the dealer.

I can't wait until they wear out as I'll be going straight back to the Hanooks.
Could'nt agree more Jamie I have Falkens on mine and whilst better than average in the dry they are woefull on wet roads, But at least they are predictable.......slight throttle and grab two handfulls of opposite lock!!!!!

kooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 01:10   #7 (permalink)

I have Falkens on my TS 50 and they are wearing really good. But they terrible in the wet. Won't be getting them again! I'm going Hankook K 104 next time. Hope this helps.
Cheers TS 50
TS 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 02:14   #8 (permalink)
Mmmm...Tickford...

I've had Hankook Ventus K102s on my XR6, and have been more than happy with them. I've done 20,000ks on them, and I'd say they've still got another 10-15,000 left in them.

As Jamie XR6 said, they may not be the cream of the crop, but they are a hell of a lot better than standard $100 cheapies.
Old 03-22-2004, 13:28   #9 (permalink)

so hankook the way to go thanks guys
ktmendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 14:40   #10 (permalink)
No stars in my eyes

I usually go to a second hand tyre dealer and buy my tyres. I went to sydney the other week and picked up a set of near new Pirelli P Zero Rosso's ,
245 40 ZR 17 for $70 each with 7.5mm tread....new.. i think they retail for around $460 each. And those zero rosso's are awesome for grip on my car in wet or dry conditions. I prefer this option esspecially when you use several sets a year. Just another option for you.

Proud Owner of a Tickford TE-50 T3 No 033.....13.62 @ 102.07mph..0-100-4.988 secs
firefox7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes