Tyres for XR6 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2005, 18:45   #1 (permalink)

roll Tyres for XR6

Okay I know this topic has been done to death but for those of us who just want a 235/45/17 tyre or our BA's that doesn't cost the earth (not over $300:00) what do people recommend. Forget the Dunlops as my experience with them is not good. They go out of round and they would have to be one of the noisiest tyres on the market. Mine sound like a four wheel drive tyre inside the vehicle!
So i am interested in honest opinions for tyres that will suit my needs. I do not drive the car hard and it does mostly city-suburban driving. I want reasonable comfort, good grip but most of all I want tyres that are reasonably quiet.
I have been pointed in the direction of Yokohama's C Drive, Falken's, Firestone. I would like to hear peoples opinions of Goodyear Eagles F1 and any of the Bridgestone tyres that are reasonably priced and return an average mileage.
Thanks for your help!
coombesplo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2005, 01:40   #2 (permalink)

Re: Tyres for XR6

I got 44000 klms out of the Dunlops on my BA XR6 ute.
you"re right they are very noisy! I had 5 quotes for 4 new tyres and a wheel alignment. The Dunlop dealer at Salisbury told me i would have got over 50000 if i had the wheels rotated every 10000 klms. The front tyres had plenty of tread left but were badly scrubbed on the inside shoulders due to incorrect alignment from Ford factory.
Any way he quoted me $214 per tyre, $920 for 4 tyres and a wheel alignment this was for SP3000 Dunlops. The price was reasonable but i didnt want the noise problem again.
Discount City Tyres offered me Falken Tyres for $180 each.
I ended up buying Toyo Transpaths from Tyre Power at Parafield for $755 for 4 tyres and an alignment. Which included a wheel rotation every 5000 klms.

Ive had them on for about a month and so far Im very happy.[and beleive me Im very fussy about my car!]
They run very quiet, you can hear very little road noise inside the car and grip as good as the Dunlops.
They are also non directional which means they can be rotated diagonally as well as front to back.
Good luck with the tyre shopping.
GAZXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 23:17   #3 (permalink)

Thumbs up Re: Tyres for XR6

Thanks for that GAZXR6 City discount tyres also offerred me Falken's which they said are very quiet and have reasonable longevity. The Yoko's were advised by Bridgestone so that says a lot about Bridgestone tyres I dare say althought hey were $280:00 per tyre.

Looks like Falken's it is!
coombesplo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes