Weird sound when braking - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2004, 00:02   #1 (permalink)

Weird sound when braking

I have a 92 Model EB Series II Falcon and recently I've been getting a weird clanging noise when I brake. It is quite hard for me to describe and the best way to put it is exactly the noise driveshafts make in front wheel drive cars. I am aware that my car isn't front wheel drive but this is the only way I can describe the noise.
I find that if I brake harder, the noise may not appear at all, or be very minor. While moving through heavy traffic with my foot on the brake or if I just drive with my foot on the brake, the noise is substantial. It comes from both front tyre sections and has seemed to have gotten worse during the last couple of weeks. Funnily enough, I took the car to 3 different mechanics all of which who couldn't pinpoint the problem. The only fault they could find anywhere in the car was it needing a camber kit and could not explain why I am getting the noise when I brake. I do find that if I turn a corner, the noise increases a lot as long as I am braking but apart from that I know nothing else about it. I'm keen on having the problem fixed but considering I have no idea what it is, this is quite hard.
If anyone here has ever heard of this happening it would be of great help to hear about it because it is driving me crazy! I am not sure if my vehicle is actually safe to drive and the noise only seems to be getting worse as time goes by. I have resorted to using another car for the time being but still need to get the problem fixed, concidering of course I can find out what it is!
Any help with this would be well appreceated as I'm going out of my head here!
Bokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2004, 01:18   #2 (permalink)

Re: Weird sound when braking

hi im willing to have a look at if ur on the south side bris
oze50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 02:02   #3 (permalink)

Re: Weird sound when braking

Much appreciated but I'm in Melbourne and off on holidays soon. I can check the boards for when I return but can't do much at the moment!
Bokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes