Are Weld Aluma Star 2.0's street legal in nsw? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2006, 10:46   #1 (permalink)
Torque+Rwd+Corner=Fun

Are Weld Aluma Star 2.0's street legal in nsw?

Just wanted to know as they are normally seen on drag cars with bead lockers. Was thinking of getting a set of them for my XD, 15x8 for the front and 15x9 for back (or just 15x8 all round, its only a stock 250 at the mo'), non bead lockers ofcourse. I'd reckon it'd look damn tough.

The U.S. website said this "*Surpasses SFI 15-1 Certification For Drive Wheels - Certification Applied On 15x14" And Larger Wheels."

"Drive wheels..."- So does this imply that they cant withstand a lateral load, such as on the front wheels going around a corner. Altough the centres are "forged space age aluminum alloy center", so they sound strong.

Added a pic of em as an atachment, the second pic is of American Torque Thrust Pro Series, but i cant find any info on them, i would die for a set of these. (i hope the pics work)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg weld_alumastar.jpg (4.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg torque trust pro series.jpg (12.4 KB, 17 views)
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2006, 10:51   #2 (permalink)
Torque+Rwd+Corner=Fun

Re: Are Weld Aluma Star 2.0's street legal in nsw?

The Torque ones only come in 15x10 or larger (thats the only info i could get), might have to match them with normal style 17x8 Torque Thrust 2's.

Yes i am posting at 3.50am and yes i am pissed, hope everyone had a great anzac day.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes