What alloys/tyres to put on my (ex)Hearse?
I brought a 91 EA Falcon in the middle of last year. The wagon had been used as a Hearse and was in mint condition - including some new tyres on it's (stock) 14" steel wheels.
Decided to wait until the tyres needed replacing before looking at changing the wheels. The rear tyres have about 5,000km left on them (put 20,000 on the clock so far - with heaps of towing) - so I thought it would be worth doing some homework on the best wheel/tyre combo for my wagon.
Here's a couple of things to keep in mind:
* It gets used for towing - including up to a 1.8 tonne digger and trailer for building mountain bike tracks.
* It gets loaded down and driven up steep hills.
* It gets driven on gravel a lot
* It gets thrashed on long road trips with up to 6 people inside, and 6 mountain bikes on the back.
* I'm on a budget, so can't go totally nuts.
I've attached a picture of "The Hearse" (as it's known) to give you an idea of what it looks like.
Any comments, suggestions, etc. welcome.