What tires for 15'' rims? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2004, 17:02   #1 (permalink)
Ford Member

What tires for 15'' rims?

Im needig some new tires for my xf. By the time i buy these the car will be fitted with kingspring superlows.

I like the look of the bridgestone eagers with the WHITE writing on the side and these come in 225's. Does anyone know how much these are roughly?

Can you guys recommend any other tire?

Pete
fordmuscle_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2004, 17:40   #2 (permalink)
Ride like the Wind

Re: What tires for 15'' rims?

Most people I think will recommend the Yokahoma A539's.

I just bought some Hankook 215's, however I have only had them for about 500k's so I can't really tell you much about them yet.

Barefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 18:14   #3 (permalink)
boosted sleeper

I have a full set of 5 EB XR8 5 spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE711's for sale if you want them. The tyres have 70% tread and the spare has 50%, the spare is a yoko A509 pattern. Pics can be found on my site below. PM me if your interested.
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 20:37   #4 (permalink)
Fords biggest Freak

Don't buy Dunlop LeMans... bloody noisy buggers they are!
Old 02-06-2004, 02:03   #5 (permalink)

I would recommend that you look at silicon tyres, e.g.: Toyo's or some other brand that I can't remember at the moment (too much booze). Check out the websites for Toyo's and HANKOOKS!! is the other one!! I remember now!! Silicon impregnated tyres cost a little more, but the benefits far outweigh the cost: better mileage, better wear, better handling: the sidewalls are stiffer without having to go to 16" or some other stupid size. Jap tyres balance far better than Aussie tyres I am sad to say, Bridgestone etc., have not yet got it together yet. Just look at the wear pattern on the Bridgestone "Donuts"!!, The shoulders wear out far before the centers, and I am afraid that mine are unroadworthy even though the centers have still almost full tread depth.

Unfortunately, the Japs have done a lot of research into Aussie tyres and conditions, and of course the results are showing. I just wish that Dunlop or someone similar would get off their collective bums and do something about it. Not that I don't like Japs, but I would just like to buy Australian. ( I ride a Jap motorcycle)

As an aside, it is possible to fit 215's to 6" rims without any problems, although your local tyre person may object, it is not illegal or anything. However, you may gat a bit of sidewall flex.
creature3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 02:21   #6 (permalink)
Ford Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by creature3
Jap tyres balance far better than Aussie tyres I am sad to say, Bridgestone etc., have not yet got it together yet. Just look at the wear pattern on the Bridgestone "Donuts"!!, The shoulders wear out far before the centers, and I am afraid that mine are unroadworthy even though the centers have still almost full tread depth.

As an aside, it is possible to fit 215's to 6" rims without any problems, although your local tyre person may object, it is not illegal or anything. However, you may gat a bit of sidewall flex.
Doesnt the ^above^ wear patten have to do with wrong inflation pressure and nothing else?
Also, my current xf has standard rims, 5.5'', and wears 225's firestones on the rear.

Pete
fordmuscle_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 02:34   #7 (permalink)
Now With 9 inch LSD Diff

yokos or even Wan kangs baically yokies anyway
all4ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 02:56   #8 (permalink)
300+rwkw DC LTD Member

On 15" I'd go G'grids.

Can ya still get them. I have had 15's in ages?

But excelent road handling for the $$
Stereo by ///Alpine
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 09:33   #9 (permalink)
Looking in YOUR bathroom.

ive got G Grid 225/60/15's Very good in the dry, in the wet they do go wanting. About $135 each

Ill take it as a complement i think.............
Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 16:28   #10 (permalink)

the Bridgestone "Donuts" are apparently renowned for wearing out the sides fordmuscle_83, but,sadly, I only found that out after I bought them I run them @ 34 psi all round.
creature3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes

Related Reading: What tires for 15'' rims?