Ford Forums banner

wheels spining

4K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  EB2Fairmont 
#1 ·
My EB2 spins at the drop of a hat at lights when i put my foot down hard and it kicks side ways to ?. is dose this happen to you guys with EB'S . I dont know if thats a good thing or a bad thing. So plz help if you can

#2 ·
Definately sounds like something is wrong:wtf2:, best solution would be to install a 3.2L crank and a CFI setup, should fix that wheel spinning no worries :eek:o1: :p :hy: :MUha:

#3 ·
Its a Great thing unless you plan to street race all the time!!
If you do plan to, look into fitting some better rubber under the ass end.......wider ( not so good in the wet ) and a better compound.

Are your tyres bald?

Anthony

#5 ·
Wider doesnt always mean not so good in the wet, my current directional tires are considerably wider than my last, but alot better in the wet... depends on what rubber you go for. More rubber in contact with the ground = better traction, wet or dry. It depends on the tires capacity to get rid of the water.... the balder, the worse it is.

Also depends on the quality of rubber too...

My old EA used to spin its wheels something shocking, and so did my current EF before I put on some decent shoes. Just dont buy the first tire you see under 80 bucks if you want to stop spinning and slipping...

#7 ·
im running Bridgestone G grids all round on my XF ute i used to be a goodyear bloke - used to have Eagle GT+4 all round in 215 and 225 sizes, and i used to bag up the 225's so easy, but now ive got the G grids in the same sizing and htey wont bag up unless im turning or on the white line so nice and grippy - and they are a great wet tyre can turn so much safer in the wet

#10 ·
it seems GT+4's arent a good Falcon tyre the fronts used to slide out on me all the time when turning and the rears werent that grippy but in a mates dunny dore its a different story the fronts grip nicely and the rears hold just as nice ???

n e ways i was amazed at hte performance of the G grids wonderful tyre will definatley make em my next tyre (will have at least 16's on my next car so cant use my cirrent tyres :( doh')

#11 ·
Zantetsuken said:
More rubber in contact with the ground = better traction, wet or dry. It depends on the tires capacity to get rid of the water

I know what your saying about the tires ability to remove water but in the wet it mainly depends on how many pounds per square inch is incontact with the ground, the more pounds per square inch the better, however you can not compare a bald tire to a new tire or a cheapo tire to an expensive tyre.
if you take two identical tyres except one is wider the thinner one will grip more in the wet.

#13 ·
MY ED is totally stock and I can get both tyres to spin off the line in the dry and i don't have an LSD. Its mainly to do with the SHite tyres Ford put on it at the dealers (prob $80 K-Mart jobs) and the cushie susp ride combined with a live axel....

... that and a huge 4L MPFI donk up front!

BTW my car is an auto and done about 119,000kms

#15 ·
hehe mine arcs them all the time, i have a 93 EB2 mind u i now have nearly bald tyres cos they spin all the time, cheapo jobs this is getting changed asap as there are 3 things on my car that i refuse to be cheap with.... tyres suspention and brakes! all of these are very important and should not be done 'on the cheap' but yea the 4.0L dosent help the err sudden loss of traction:p lol

#16 ·
I had 215 G grids on my EA and they were marvellous.....till they wore down.

from about 65% wear and beyond they became the worst tyre I have ever driven on. Stupidly slick in the wet, still went ok in the dry but did become easier to turn when REALLY trying....

I still got two left in the shed with 40% tread, and the only thing I think thats good about them now is their FANTASTIC ability to SMOKE :)

I got Pirelli's now........bloody nice.

#17 ·
hmm.. well IMO, if the car spins the wheels at the drop of a hat, then putting on better rubber won't stop them from spinning, unless you make a big change.

Obviously its always good to have decent tyres all round, but if you want rear end traction on take off, and you currently have one wheel spinning, invest in an LSD diff.

When I had my auto EA with a 3.23 LSD, and 15x225 dunlops on the rear it would only loose traction on take off if I were stalling it up, and even then it would only be for a few meters, with a good amount of grab.

Just my 2c

#22 ·
haha My car never spins the wheels, the key to it is, have a damn heavy car like an NA, and then have a stupidly tall diff ratio 2.77 LSD, that n LSD means that it never spins ever, except when tis really wet, or when i turn and boot it, in a straight line it sticks like s**t to a blanket haha

#23 ·
sikEA said:
hehehe, I bet that wheel spinning for a few metres is a lot worse since the T5 and intake went in it hey Simon??? :s6:
LOL.... well your right there mate.

Since the T5 and some other tinkering, let out the clutch at about 2500rpm and stick it, she will spin the rears all the way through 1st, bout 55 km/h (5000rpm), give her second, and if your going straight, she will spin a little, but if your on a bend... off she goes again... its good fun ;)

Oh, and I have LSD, with decent 225 rubber on the 15's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.