whiteline suspension kit??? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2004, 15:01   #1 (permalink)

whiteline suspension kit???

has anyone fitted a whiteline kit, if so how is it, i can't find any info on them.
any other shocks spring setup i should think of.
i have an el fairmont ghia, and want something like an xr ride nothing to hard.
elford is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2004, 15:51   #2 (permalink)
RIP Sox.....

Re: whiteline suspension kit???

I have used Kmac, Selbys, and Whiteline sway bars, and as far as I'm concerned they are all much the same.

Springs vary a fair bit, from different rates to progressive rate, etc. My preference here is Lovells.
I don't like progressive rate springs.

Shocks vary by a huge amount, and the best for road use is either Koni or Bilstein (though expensive), however by what you've said, a set of Monroe GT gas are likely your best option. Cheap, pretty decent, and ride much the same as an XR Falcon would.

Rick.
Soxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 03:54   #3 (permalink)

I got the whiteline works package for my EF Futura (springs, swaybars, upper trailing arms, bushes and koni shocks). I picked it up today and should have it installed by xmas. I'll be sure to post my experiences as beyond swaybars, there is bugger all info about the whiteline products.
Just from looking at the parts they appear to be good quality, and they were delivered very quickly after i placed an order (i'm in Perth).

Hopefully i can be of more help later.
Cameron85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 20:17   #4 (permalink)

cameron85 how much did it cost you for the package.
Old 12-10-2004, 23:30   #5 (permalink)

In total it cost me $1615 through Wheels World in Perth, it would be quite a bit cheaper if you dont opt for konis, i think whiteline use kyb shocks?

My old man and i just finished fitting installing everything today, and i'm yet to get it aligned but already it handles brilliantly. Feels really stable and flat through corners and still has decent ride quality. Well worth the investment imo.
Old 12-10-2004, 23:32   #6 (permalink)

oh and i'm assuming you have an el elford, so the trailing arms wouldnt be neccesary for your car which would knock $225 off the price
Old 12-11-2004, 15:37   #7 (permalink)

thanks for that, $1400 isn't to bad for what you get, a mate just put in some whiteline swaybars and is over the moon with the handling, can you let me know how she goes after alignment and full test.
Old 12-11-2004, 18:55   #8 (permalink)
ESP
V8 GT pilot

I've got the complete Whiteline handling package fitted to my XE ESP

Springs, adjustable swaybars front and rear, tower spacers and bushes.
I opted for their FLAT OUT range of performance springs which lowered the car a further 8 - 10mm from the King Superlows that were fitted previously.

All the stuff seems to be working together nicely and the Konis complement the Whiteline springs.

I love mucking around with the swaybars...............you'd be surprised how much difference it makes to the balance of the car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The car is now nice and supple over bumps but doesn't roll like a beached whale when you push the corners.
ESP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 02:36   #9 (permalink)

I had my car aligned today, as well as installing the trailing arms properly a couple of days ago. The alignment hasn't changed the handling as far as i can tell, everything was pretty much in spec already. With the lowering the car aquired just enough negative camber so i'm pretty happy i didn't spend the $$$ on a kit.

The trailing arms however have changed the handling heaps. We could'nt install them in the EL\Tickford position initially because the drill wouldn't fit to drill the new holes to mount the arms, so we put it in the standard position. With the arms mounted the same as the EL or XR , the back end of the car is a hell of a lot more sorted throught the twisty stuff, gets rid of the sensation the back is about to break loose. A very worhtwhile investment for a non XR pre EL.

Overall, i'm stoked with the setup and can recommend it to anyone considering a bit more than the king springs\monroe GT's.
Old 12-17-2004, 06:52   #10 (permalink)
no tire smoke no fun!

so what exactly did you do? I'm in the market for 4x koni shocks, front and rear sway bars, trailing arms (mine allready knock) and 4x dba gold disks as my currnet x-drilled and sloted had it. That price you got is it trade or something? in Brissie cheapest kony adjustable shock i found was 250$ for front and 200$ rear.

Also, the new kangaroo paw rotors form DBA.....the xdrilled ones are any better the the original ones that crack?

There is a war inside my head, if I take a day off I'll die!

This cat, is cat, a cat, good cat, way cat, to cat, keep cat, a cat, idiot cat, busy cat, for cat, 20 cat, seconds cat! Now read it all without the word cat!
zbenga is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes