Whiteline Suspension products for XE - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2004, 21:18   #1 (permalink)
ESP
V8 GT pilot

Whiteline Suspension products for XE

Anyone here used their products.

Adjustable swaybars , springs etc etc.

Would be interested to hear of your opinions experiences.
ESP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2004, 04:09   #2 (permalink)

Re: Whiteline Suspension products for XE

Their adjustable front sway bars are a bit of a disapointment.

Firstly they are too small unless you custom order one.

Secondly they only have three positions. This works well if you are running standard castor, but if you are running around 3+ degrees the holes don't line up and the link pin can't be installed vertical.

Thirdly they were a bit lazy when they designed the shape of the swaybar. It does not have the same bends as the the factory swaybar. This means that the first item of the suspension that binds is the swaybar against the chasis rail.

I'm running a K-mac front sway bar. It is adjustable by a slide. This still had problems. The swaybar was too long and needed to be trimmed so that it wouldn't hit the brake calipers. I also had to have some brake lines made up to so that they wouldn't rub against the sway bar.
xbgs351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 04:34   #3 (permalink)
ESP
V8 GT pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbgs351
Their adjustable front sway bars are a bit of a disapointment.

Firstly they are too small unless you custom order one.

Secondly they only have three positions. This works well if you are running standard castor, but if you are running around 3+ degrees the holes don't line up and the link pin can't be installed vertical.

Thirdly they were a bit lazy when they designed the shape of the swaybar. It does not have the same bends as the the factory swaybar. This means that the first item of the suspension that binds is the swaybar against the chasis rail.

I'm running a K-mac front sway bar. It is adjustable by a slide. This still had problems. The swaybar was too long and needed to be trimmed so that it wouldn't hit the brake calipers. I also had to have some brake lines made up to so that they wouldn't rub against the sway bar.

Shite,

Was this on an XE ???????????????

The front bar they quoted was 27mm, the standard ESP bar is 24mm.
I'll ask them tomorrow about the bends. If you're right, I'll be looking elsewhere.

Thanks for the info
Old 08-19-2004, 20:33   #4 (permalink)

It was on an XD, but the geometry is unchanged.

In my experience you end up setting the car to around 29mm with a leaf spring car, but having an adjustable bar makes it easier to tune.
Old 08-19-2004, 21:12   #5 (permalink)
ESP
V8 GT pilot

Quote:
It was on an XD, but the geometry is unchanged.

In my experience you end up setting the car to around 29mm with a leaf spring car, but having an adjustable bar makes it easier to tune.

I rang them today and they did confirm that the rear adjustable bar is almost identical. The front bar does have different bends. They reckon they have sold 13 Front adjustable bars for XE - XF's in the past 12 months and have had no complaints.

I'll try the front and back adjustable bar to see how I go.
The Manager at Whiteline assured me that there would be no problem as all their stuff is tested and even if there was I was more than welcome to return the stuff If i wasn't 100% happy.

I'll see how I go

Thanks again for all the feedback
Old 08-20-2004, 01:23   #6 (permalink)

Photos of the K-Mac bar
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 017.jpg (61.5 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 009.jpg (59.3 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 001.jpg (59.8 KB, 28 views)
Old 08-20-2004, 03:01   #7 (permalink)
ESP
V8 GT pilot

Has the K Mac bar slipped at all on the slides ??

Did you return the Whiteline bar - if so , what did they say about the problems / issues you raised ??

Just curious.
Old 08-20-2004, 03:45   #8 (permalink)

The bar hasn't sliped on the slides. This swaybar design has been around for a long time. Think Geoghan and Moffat era.

Haven't returned the Whiteline Bar. If the bar and the bracket that mounts to the lower control arm had more holes it might not be too bad. I'm not real keen on the binding issue.
Old 08-20-2004, 03:57   #9 (permalink)
ESP
V8 GT pilot

Quote:
The bar hasn't sliped on the slides. This swaybar design has been around for a long time. Think Geoghan and Moffat era.

Haven't returned the Whiteline Bar. If the bar and the bracket that mounts to the lower control arm had more holes it might not be too bad. I'm not real keen on the binding issue.

I'm really curious on the binding issue. The Whiteline guys have never heard of the problem. Was your car excessively lowered.

I raised this with them as a concern from a potential buyer and they assured me that there would be no problem. All their stuff is track tested and they have not heard of any such problem from the units that they've sold in the last 13 months.

Do you get a knocking noise over bumps...............When does it bind ??
On the softest or the hardest setting...............??

Any info would be much appreciated as I'd hate to fork out the bucks and buy shite.

Thanks
Old 08-20-2004, 04:08   #10 (permalink)

If you remove the spring and test for bind, the first thing to bind is the swaybar.

If it is track tested they should know this. Falcon racecars don't use bumpstops.

We were raising the bumpstop on the car concerned. The amount that the bumpstop could be raised was determined by the swaybar not the balljoints or anything else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes