Ford Forums banner

XR Brake shudder/vibration

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  LoverBoy 
#1 ·
Everone was so helpful before, thought Id try this Q.

Brake pedal has good pressure and the car pulls up nice and straight and easy, exept it has an annoying shudder felt though the whole car and steering wheel. It does it worst on a medium pressure (type you would normanly use when driving) but if you are soft or hard on the brakes the shuddering isnt felt.

The Car is a 1967 xr fairmont, it has new shocks and ball joints all new neoprene bits(parts names fail me!) on streering arms etc.

scanned the threads for anything similar and didnt come up with anything so if you have a suggestion - please fire away

p.s. my partner is getting tired of this car so im trying to save her I dont want to be driving a AU just yet (no offence just not my style).

frome a steel car lover

XR_LUVA

#6 ·
My car had this problem when I bought it, except it was shuddering consistently regardless of pedal pressure. Had the front rotors machined for $25 each and it's been fine ever since.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.