XR6 creaking noise - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2006, 01:31   #1 (permalink)

XR6 creaking noise

I have a 4 week old BF XR6 ute that I have had a problem with from day one. On taking off and slowing down in 2nd gear, the car makes a creaking noise that sounds like it comes from the rear passenger side.

The first two times I took it back ford reckons it was the suspension and they tightened, lubed yup yup yup everything and it should be fine. A day later it was making the noise again. I took it back a week later and now the problem they reckon was the park brake shoe pads were too tight when manufactured and so they had to loosen them off a bit. As soon as I drove up the street the creaking was there louder then ever.

Today was the fourth time I have taken it back and after a weekend of putting up with this annoying creak, sure as sh*t there wasn't one f**cking noise coming from it this morning on the way back to ford. It probably had something to do with the rain we had but i left it with them and they reckon it was some pads in the suspension that might be loose. To no suprise they said they couldn't hear anything when road testing it and did more nut tightening and lubing before telling me that it should be fine cos they can't find anything wrong with.

Well no second guesses to what i'm going to say - it is slowly starting to come back. Its driving me crazy cos now i sit and listen carefully for any noise i can hear from it. This is the first ford i have bought and I don't think i will buy another one.

Does anyone have this problem with their XR6 or the same bullsh*t service from Ford? I'd love to hear from you.
builder2818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2006, 21:36   #2 (permalink)

Re: XR6 creaking noise

Sorry to hear your misfortune. My best bet would be that your rear suspension mounts may be bad already.
Hubbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 00:28   #3 (permalink)
Funkyeah

Re: XR6 creaking noise

My xh does the same f###ing thing and it annoys the S$$@ out of me, not to mention the $1500 dollars I spent on getting new suspension allround. When I got it back mine was quiet as well, but by the end of the week it was doing the same as yours. Ive given up I hate it.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes