Yet another shocker's thread - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2004, 21:13   #1 (permalink)

Yet another shocker's thread

im in desperate need for new shortend shocks for my car. i have no idea wat to get everyone suggust's something different and prices are all over the place. ive been told i cant use the koni red's coz their not a shortend shock; is this true? Also just wondering if anyone has heard of ultima shocks and what their opinion is on them. Finally on the whiteline web site there a 3 different categories of shocks. Does anyone know if their "sports" category are a shortened shock?

Thanks in advance.
Lowered: KingSprings 30mm All round
EL GT Rims
Stereo: 2x Alpine Type R Subs, MRD-M605 Alpine Amp, 4x150w VDO Amp, Alpine 5.25 Type R Splits, Alpine 6.5 Type R 2ways, Alpine CDA 7894RB Headunit
XRLENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2004, 01:41   #2 (permalink)
GUN.40L

Re: Yet another shocker's thread

i know some people with ultimas, ride qualtiy is great considering the ride height, and for $145 a pair you cant go wrong... ill be getting fronts next week
Old 06-19-2004, 04:40   #3 (permalink)
17" is for 4cyc

^^^^^Chinese product at 145 a pr can't go wrong ? Let us know how they are in a years time.........
Old 06-20-2004, 04:43   #4 (permalink)
Birth, Drift, Death...

i have koni reds, they are adjustable, downside is that you have to remove the fronts from the car to do it :( but i have kings superlows, and they are captive all the time - i dont know if koni do 'stock' and 'lowered' shocks for falcons, but ask for lowered ones anyway.

i can fully reccomend them, they are the 4th set of shocks i have had with these springs (inc stock shocks) cause i have been searching for the right ride/handling balance, and i love them to bits!

197.4hp at the wheels, 14.505@152.46km/h
Tuning in progress...
*CLICK TO SEE MY XR6*
I can get new Genuine Holden/Ford/Audi/Land Rover/Honda parts cheap, PM me!
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 00:22   #5 (permalink)

i agree with rollin, i to have kings super lows with koni reds and can do nothing but rave about them, definetly worth spending the money on a set of konis you wont be disapointed

http://www.fpvtickfordclubwa.com.au/phpBB2/index.php

http://www.tweecer.com

http://www.icenet.com.au/~pie
eb2flyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 00:56   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb2flyz
i agree with rollin, i to have kings super lows with koni reds and can do nothing but rave about them, definetly worth spending the money on a set of konis you wont be disapointed
im also in the market for some shocks. i have put superlows in my car with the stock shocks. and there is some clunks coming from the back of the car. havnt touched anything but putting in new springs, what else could it be, but the shocks screwing up?

well anyway, how much are these koni reds people like? im looking for something in the medium price range.
greenieofdubbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 11:12   #7 (permalink)
Craving Boost

Go monroe gt gas they dont need to be shortened ive got superlows with gt's, i asked monroe and they said you dont need shortened as they arent ride height specific, something to do with the way they are valved. the ride quality is great and virtually no more body roll. Cheers Dayne
doink1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 20:47   #8 (permalink)

how much should i expect to pay for shocks? say what would be the cheapest, and what would be the most expensive, i guess in between is good.

i have never bought shocks befor. first car and all.

is there anything i should be asking for as in size, since i have super low springs
Old 06-21-2004, 21:14   #9 (permalink)

Ideally you want a height adjustable damper body but I can tell you it's going to cost heaps. You might want to look at Pedders Gas Sports Ryders - excellent value and they do have a shortened body to go with lower springs. I ran them on my XB hardtop and they were pretty well priced - not adjustable like Koni yellows you probably don't need to worry about that unless you do track work.
75Hardtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 23:11   #10 (permalink)

i went to a few suspension places around here. heres what i was pretty much told. pedders and monro, the 2 brands they seem to sell the most of, there listings show from stock springs to superlow they use the same shock? how could this be? the reason i want new shocks is the stock ones are going beyond there limits. i want good ride back.

there would have to be some sort of resonable priced shocks around to do this without making noises like my current ones do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes