Ford Forums banner

Yet another shocker's thread

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  greenieofdubbo 
#1 ·
im in desperate need for new shortend shocks for my car. i have no idea wat to get everyone suggust's something different and prices are all over the place. ive been told i cant use the koni red's coz their not a shortend shock; is this true? Also just wondering if anyone has heard of ultima shocks and what their opinion is on them. Finally on the whiteline web site there a 3 different categories of shocks. Does anyone know if their "sports" category are a shortened shock?

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
i know some people with ultimas, ride qualtiy is great considering the ride height, and for $145 a pair you cant go wrong... ill be getting fronts next week

#4 ·
i have koni reds, they are adjustable, downside is that you have to remove the fronts from the car to do it :( but i have kings superlows, and they are captive all the time - i dont know if koni do 'stock' and 'lowered' shocks for falcons, but ask for lowered ones anyway.

i can fully reccomend them, they are the 4th set of shocks i have had with these springs (inc stock shocks) cause i have been searching for the right ride/handling balance, and i love them to bits!

#5 ·
i agree with rollin, i to have kings super lows with koni reds and can do nothing but rave about them, definetly worth spending the money on a set of konis you wont be disapointed

#6 ·
eb2flyz said:
i agree with rollin, i to have kings super lows with koni reds and can do nothing but rave about them, definetly worth spending the money on a set of konis you wont be disapointed
im also in the market for some shocks. i have put superlows in my car with the stock shocks. and there is some clunks coming from the back of the car. havnt touched anything but putting in new springs, what else could it be, but the shocks screwing up?

well anyway, how much are these koni reds people like? im looking for something in the medium price range.

#7 ·
Go monroe gt gas they dont need to be shortened ive got superlows with gt's, i asked monroe and they said you dont need shortened as they arent ride height specific, something to do with the way they are valved. the ride quality is great and virtually no more body roll. Cheers Dayne

#9 ·
Ideally you want a height adjustable damper body but I can tell you it's going to cost heaps. :AAHHH: You might want to look at Pedders Gas Sports Ryders - excellent value and they do have a shortened body to go with lower springs. I ran them on my XB hardtop and they were pretty well priced - not adjustable like Koni yellows you probably don't need to worry about that unless you do track work.

#10 ·
i went to a few suspension places around here. heres what i was pretty much told. pedders and monro, the 2 brands they seem to sell the most of, there listings show from stock springs to superlow they use the same shock? how could this be? the reason i want new shocks is the stock ones are going beyond there limits. i want good ride back.

there would have to be some sort of resonable priced shocks around to do this without making noises like my current ones do.

#11 ·
it might not be the shocks that are making the noises - are you sure everything is attached properly back there?

you should get better shocks to match the springs - stiffer ones - as it makes the ride and handling better - no more rice-bounce over undulations and stuff.

i cant for the life of me remember what i payed for the konis, it was about 1.5 years ago :S

#12 ·
Rollin said:
it might not be the shocks that are making the noises - are you sure everything is attached properly back there?

you should get better shocks to match the springs - stiffer ones - as it makes the ride and handling better - no more rice-bounce over undulations and stuff.

i cant for the life of me remember what i payed for the konis, it was about 1.5 years ago :S

i had a quick look back there, made sure things are all tight.

there isnt that much to touch when doing back springs and its coming from both sides, so im pretty sure its the shocks. ill replace the back first, and see what happens.

now i just need to find some good priced shocks.

also, has anyone else got an EF with superlows? just wondering whats going to happen when i put 17" rims on. are they going to scrub, is there any danger at all?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.