01 windstar 3.8, abs, e brake and stop lamps - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar Forum for discussion of all Ford Vans and Ford Mini Vans such as the Ford Aerostar and Ford Freestar.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2007, 09:51   #1 (permalink)

Smile 01 windstar 3.8, abs, e brake and stop lamps

Hi our abs light and e brake lights come on intermitantly and the stop lamps stay on while driving as well as after we shut it off, if we pump the brakes they will go off. Any ideas would be great! Thanks in advance
djrolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2007, 07:43   #2 (permalink)

Question 01 windstar abs and brake light now p1401...update

Update: I sprayed the stop lamp switch on the brake pedel with wd 40 as sugested in another forum...It did work! No more brake lights stuck on.
Still have the abs and e brake lights coming on though...and the battery keeps draining for some reason, I tried to start it the other day and it just clicked. The lights in the van would come on and the hazard flashers came on and would not turn off! We jump started the van and then were able to turn the hazard flashers off. Do we have some sort of electrical problem? I am getting the p1401 engine code again as well even though we just replaced the DPFE a few weeks ago and thought it was fixed. Any ideas would be great!
djrolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 19:57   #3 (permalink)

Question Re: 01 windstar 3.8, abs, e brake and stop lamps

I too share a variation of that problem with my 2001 Windstar SE 3.8L 6CYL.

Every so often the ((ABS)) TRAC OFF & BRAKE(!) lights come on.... I wish I knew why.

Any ideas on how to correct this problem are welcomed.

Please email DeLorean1980@msn.com

Thank you
mobile1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 06:38   #4 (permalink)

Re: 01 windstar 3.8, abs, e brake and stop lamps

Just taking our '99 in for the same thing...diagnosis pending!
coralee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 20:40   #5 (permalink)

I had a similar problem. The fix was two fold. First, the ground above the radiator was loose and had slag around it. Tighten it. The second was that the voltage regulator was not working properly and the current was unstable. Replaced the alternator (the voltage regulator is built into it) and the problem was gone.
jeffrey.boyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:38   #6 (permalink)

ABS module is a common problem in the Windstar. Had the same issue and having the module refurbished. See my post this date.
dwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar