04 Freestar jerks, pops, runs rough, no check engine - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar Forum for discussion of all Ford Vans and Ford Mini Vans such as the Ford Aerostar and Ford Freestar.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2014, 19:04   #1 (permalink)

04 Freestar jerks, pops, runs rough, no check engine

2004 freestar 135,000 miles, 4.2 v6. Had a check engine light 4 weeks ago and changed spark plugs and wires, check engine light went off but still did not like to pull a hill and would jerk going out of the driveway in the morning. Replaced fuel filter, cam position sensor and fuel pump. Better but still rough. 2000 mile trip last week and rough when started in the morning for about 5 minutes. When going down the road at 55 it would be fine and then just jerk and pop maybe a couple of times and then okay for a while. When going up hill it would jerk and pop till over the hill, if i floored it it would take off but still jerk.
robertf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2014, 20:20   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: 04 Freestar jerks, pops, runs rough, no check engine

Does it have any codes? The light doesn't have to be on for one to show up. Autozone will check for free.
Old 04-28-2014, 20:44   #3 (permalink)
Moderators

When the light was on was it a p0303? Usually those coils go bad and will miss under load like that. Most common is # 3 code and miss for some reason.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
r-clar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 20:14   #4 (permalink)

Will have the codes read out again. Yes the p0303 was one of the codes. Will let you know what I find.
Old 06-11-2014, 20:39   #5 (permalink)

I picked up a coil pack today and installed it tonight. Took the van out for a 30 mile drive and did not have any jerks, pops, ran like it used to. I went down the same road that I could not get 1 mile without problems and my wife and I never heard or felt any issues. Thank you for the help!!!
Old 06-12-2014, 04:48   #6 (permalink)
Moderators

Glad to hear it. Thanks for reporting back

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
r-clar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar