1995 windstar no start turns over no fuel - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar Forum for discussion of all Ford Vans and Ford Mini Vans such as the Ford Aerostar and Ford Freestar.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 15:56   #1 (permalink)

1995 windstar no start turns over no fuel

Hello I hope someone on the forum can help me figure out a problem with 1995 ford windstar. 1st thing started to blow fuel pump fuse so I replaced the fuel pump and ran fine for about 3 weeks then it wouldn't start. I checked all related fuses and relays and have done voltage test on some components. Motor turns over fine but fuel pump doesn't come on so I jumped the wire on the ccrm connector to check fuel circuit and the fuel pump will come on. The pcm relay does not click when tuning on the key. there is no voltage at the icm terminal 8. Seems like the ignition system is not getting power. What would cause all the not to receive power. checked grounds they all seem to be OK. I checked the terminals at the relay and do have voltage there. I replaced the ccrm with a used from eBay. It seems to me the pcm could be bad. I searched this forum for related issues but all the ones I find either have fuel problems or firing problem i have both could it be ignition switch Please help thanks
bozz911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2013, 18:34   #2 (permalink)
Dazed and Confused

Re: 1995 windstar no start turns over no fuel

You have 2 things in line between the PCM and the fuel pump, the inertia switch and the CCRM (Constant Control Relay Module). If memory serves me right, there was an issue with one on another vehicle. I'll see if I can find something.
Old 04-10-2013, 19:14   #3 (permalink)

ok thanks all help is needed. I have replaced the ccrm with a used one from ebay so its still questionable.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:42   #4 (permalink)

this is 3.8 ltr engine
Old 04-11-2013, 17:49   #5 (permalink)
Dazed and Confused

Have you checked to see if the CCRM or the inertia switch is passing voltage?

Last edited by CatSkinner; 04-11-2013 at 17:52. Reason: Re-worded
CatSkinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 22:22   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatSkinner View Post
Have you checked to see if the CCRM or the inertia switch is passing voltage?
yes they are passing voltage I can put current to the wires and the fuel pump will run. Thats from the ccrm wire connector.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:38   #7 (permalink)
Dazed and Confused

It could be the PCM power relay. If it's not passing full voltage, it could cause the fuel pump relay to chatter or try to pull in on an under voltage condition which will blow fuses. The other option could be a bad ground to the PCM. The PCM doesn't close the hot side of a circuit, but it breaks the neutral leg. If your grounding is poor, relays and sensors will be affected.
Old 04-13-2013, 13:22   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
It could be the PCM power relay. If it's not passing full voltage, it could cause the fuel pump relay to chatter or try to pull in on an under voltage condition which will blow fuses. The other option could be a bad ground to the PCM. The PCM doesn't close the hot side of a circuit, but it breaks the neutral leg. If your grounding is poor, relays and sensors will be affected.
Hello and thanks for the help with the issue. I finally traced the problem out to the ground going to the pcm relay in the engine compartment. I grounded this to the battery and all came up and van started right up. I suspect its a bad connection on the pcm relay terminal in the engine compartment fuse/relay box. I just ran a ground to the battery from the relay terminal till I have time to rewire the circuit.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:50   #9 (permalink)
Dazed and Confused

Good to hear!
Old 04-14-2013, 20:08   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Good to hear!
yea thanks for the help i really appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar