1996 3.8L V6 Engine stinks! No OIL! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar Forum for discussion of all Ford Vans and Ford Mini Vans such as the Ford Aerostar and Ford Freestar.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2004, 12:51   #1 (permalink)

1996 3.8L V6 Engine stinks! No OIL!

My engine started flashing oil pressure lights and got worse until it started shutting off. So I tow it into the garage and the mechanic said the oil screen was probably clogged because that is a common problem. He took the oil pan off and it was and also the pressure relief valve was stuck and wouldn't pump oil. That cost me $500 for a thorough cleanup job, no parts were changed. About 3 monthslater it did the same thing, but now if you start the engine, no oil is pumping, period. It's as dry as a bone but the pan is full of oil. This mechanic wouldn't stand behind his job saying that he told me it might happen again.

I bet changing the pump and or pressure relief valve is a pain!

The oil and filter has been changed every 4000 miles and the van has 130,000 miles on it. I hate it!!! I will nevery own another FORD, sorry! This Windstar has driven me over the edge. We have had more than a dozen problems with it, most of them all the common problems everybody else has with Windstars.

I am going to donate it to charity if they will take it. I need the writeoff. Piece of junk!
gpwhite7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2004, 06:08   #2 (permalink)

Re: 1996 3.8L V6 Engine stinks! No OIL!

damn i never had a problem with mine expect the check engine light.
Kartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar