Ford Forums banner

2000 ford windstar transmission slipping

3K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  CatSkinner 
#1 ·
hello all,
I have a 2000 ford windstar se, with 175,000 miles on it, the trans has been acting up lately, I will get the error message check trans, and just recently it has started to slip going from one gear to another when shifting, the trans fluid looks okay, doesn't smell burnt, could it be an electrical sensor, or something to that effect? it doesn't slip hardly ever, just once in awhile, we have never changed the fluid, we got the car at 120,000 miles, any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. thank you

#5 ·
took it to a trans shop today for diagnosis, they told me the code was P0731, something to do with the overdrive, I can turn the overdrive off, and it shifts okay, turn it on, it doesn't shift okay, when I turn the overdrive off, the overdrive light starts to flash, and the check transmission light comes on, the trans guy says it needs rebuilt for $2000.00, I don't really think I want to put that kind of money into it, it's not really worth it, not at 175,000 miles, don't know the trans guy, referred to him from another shop

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.