2000 Windstar Cruise Control - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar Forum for discussion of all Ford Vans and Ford Mini Vans such as the Ford Aerostar and Ford Freestar.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2006, 16:20   #1 (permalink)

confused 2000 Windstar Cruise Control

I noticed one day that cruise control didn't work anymore. It used to work great. I believe I checked all the fuses and stuff.....any suggestions?
dieselsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2006, 16:58   #2 (permalink)

Re: 2000 Windstar Cruise Control

What are the chances that it is the module out under the hood? Or the buttons in the steering wheel?
dieselsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 09:20   #3 (permalink)
Hi-Tech Redneck

Ford has a scanner that can monitor all the button data and see if they are working or not. There is no other way to check it except a visual inpection of the servo, connector, and switch on the master cylinder.
Johnny Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 14:28   #4 (permalink)

mad Re: 2000 Windstar Cruise Control

I have a 2000 Ford Windstar SEL, I like to call it a POS though. My cruise was working fine too. Matter of fact it was about the only thing that was still working correctly on it. It just quit one day. Have no idea what is wrong with it. But, that is the least of my problems. At 59,000 miles, the valves chatter, it's using oil, the doorlocks no longer unlock without pulling the knob up manually or opening from the doorhandle inside, the auto sliding doors wont close correctly, the autoseat on the driverside just quit working and there is a huge spot on the top that the paint has pealed from. Any suggestions? I know now that "Found on Road Dead" really is what Ford stands for.
Debbie_Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 16:37   #5 (permalink)

2000 ford windstar has a front electric module under the insterment cluster that controls the wipers, cruise control, front door locks, and the cluster this must be replaced and reprogramed, and the guy with only the cruise control not working also fords sterring wheel has a clock spring in it witch controls wipers the air bag in the wheel and if you have a radio or not but make sure all those work but more then likely your fem is bud
steves66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:34   #6 (permalink)

This may help..Ford Windstar Cruise Control In-op
djrolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 18:57   #7 (permalink)

What's the deal with these Windstar cruise controls? I have a 1998 and my cruise went bad about six months after the warrantee expired. Shortly after that the ABS light came on. I was told by a Ford service tech that the 2 problems could be related. I had the ABS problem fixed (it was a module in the right front wheel). It fixed the ABS but the cruise is still not working.
bizzyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar