Ford Forums banner

2000 windstar; door ajar/auto lock engages

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  r-clar 
#1 ·
hello, i have a 2000 ford windstar that while the motor is on and in gear the door light comes on, along with the interior lights, then when it goes off the auto door locks engage.

where can i find a diagram of the fuses on my model? i want to disable the remote door unlock first.
next i want to disable the auto locks to prevent them from burning up

but mostly, could this be a failing door switch? they seem in good shape and i've cleaned what i can and greased them.
happens over bumps, or straight road. also, there is a clicking under hte dash, i'm guessing it's the relay for the auto locks.

2000 windstar 3.8L dual slide doors, auto trans i'm the 3rd owner
just looking for info about fuses and can those door lock sensor canisters fail ?>

#5 ·
Relax man. Please remember at this point the newest your van could be is 10 years old. This will fail. It's probably a switch or rear slider contacts failing. Going to have to figure out what door is causing it. Easiest will be a scan tool with those capabilities. May cost a few bucks to get looked at but will save aggravation.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.