2000 windstar having rough idle!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar Forum for discussion of all Ford Vans and Ford Mini Vans such as the Ford Aerostar and Ford Freestar.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2011, 13:56   #1 (permalink)

2000 windstar having rough idle!!

I have a 2000 windstar and i just got done replacing the port seals and intake gasket, IAC gasket, TB gasket and isolator bolts. the check engine light went off after i fixed it, but it is still idleing pretty rough. when in park at idle its pretty rough, if i press on the gas pedal it is still rough until it gets to about 2k rpms and it smooths out above that. the IAC valve is new, Mass air is new, cleaned egr ports inside intake, DPFE is new. i would figure that the rough idle would go away with the repairs, but it is still there. i am at a loss as to what to do next. I have done a lot of looking and researching but my situation seems to be different from what i have found.
I test drove it also, and when i came to a stop, the rpm's dropped to about 500 then came back up. It has decent throttle response just rough until it hits 2k.

Thanks in advance for any advice yall might have!!

***Ryan
Free5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2011, 14:07   #2 (permalink)

Re: 2000 windstar having rough idle!!

also i am getting some pretty good spark knock. should i try and replace the EGR valve and EGR solenoid? or just the EGR valve? THanks again!!

***Ryan
Old 06-11-2011, 20:41   #3 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Have you checked to see if there are any more codes? The light doesn't have to be on. It's possible the coil is arcing. Was it doing exactly same before all the work was done?
Old 06-12-2011, 15:34   #4 (permalink)

Idle is a little better, i cleaned the EGR but i am still getting a rough acceleration even when crusing at speed it will viberate the steering wheel and entire vehicle for that matter. when i let off the gas and just coast it will smooth out considerably. so i dont know know what to do next. im gonna try some fuel system cleaner and see what happens. unless some one has a better idea.....

thanks
Old 06-13-2011, 07:08   #5 (permalink)

Have you checked the Fuel injection rail?...did you take this off when replacing the Gaskets?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar