2000 windstar intake control runner rods? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar Forum for discussion of all Ford Vans and Ford Mini Vans such as the Ford Aerostar and Ford Freestar.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2013, 04:57   #1 (permalink)

2000 windstar intake control runner rods?

Hello, I just joined here today as i have a 2000 ford windstar and noticed ive been having misses and engine code came up.

P1518 intake control runner stuck open.

I have done tones of searching and reading and im at the point i need a bit of help.

So the one back rod on my intake control runner was laying down not connected anymore.
I then went out and bought the retainer clips for the rod but here is where i start having issues.

Where does the rod clip in the back of the modual?
I have been feeling back there and i see where the front rod connects in the back of the runner but cannot feel anywhere that the back rod would go.?

Been searching online for a picture of the back and cant find anything.

If someone has some clear information on where the hole would be located and or a picture of the back would be a bonus.

I really dont want to attempt to try and remove this thing as it looks a bit complicated lol.
]
Thank you all for the help in advance.
blazed16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2013, 07:41   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: 2000 windstar intake control runner rods?

ford imrc - Bing Videos
Old 06-24-2013, 11:01   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert View Post
Hello yes i saw that video on youtube already thats how i figured out where it was located haha. But that back rod as completely fell off.

I have stuck my hand in the back of the module feeling around and cant feel a hole nor a bracket for the rod.

Thats the issue iam having.Was hoping for an actual picture or something on where the back rod connects.

All i found online was the module of the earlier windstars that use the 2 modules and the 2000's only of the 1 module with the 2 rods connecting to it.
blazed16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 18:05   #4 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

The picture from the shop manual.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMRC.jpg (46.2 KB, 9 views)
Old 07-17-2013, 21:58   #5 (permalink)

ive had the same prob with the clips you talk about.. its hard to see it but it is there. ill try to get a good pic tomarrow for you to use.

I had to get the clips from ford.. the guy showed me after i asked.
blazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar