2001 Windstar electrical stuff - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar Forum for discussion of all Ford Vans and Ford Mini Vans such as the Ford Aerostar and Ford Freestar.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2009, 05:54   #1 (permalink)

confused 2001 Windstar electrical stuff

I still need to take care of the PO171 and 174 codes, but I am also working on the following and just can not seem to get anywhere:

1) Keyless system will not work or program keychain remote.
2) Interior light will not work when doors open and I have no auto lock functions.
3) Daytime running lights do not work
4) I have to keep fuse #8 jumped to fuse #17 or I have no REM finctions.
5) Fuse #15, console power point, does not work at all, but the fuse is fins. Can not locate what this actually does.

I am going out today to re-check fuse box modules and fusesm but are there other modules, fuses or items that are there. I have gone through the book and see "general electronic module" and I assume these are what is in the fuse box? There is also a keyless remote module listed but doesn't give a location. Is this the black box under the dash?

The van runs great, but the MPG is down due to the lean codes and I would love to get the electrical crap fixed.

Thanks for anything that may help!
sgilbert14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2009, 11:57   #2 (permalink)

confused Re: 2001 Windstar electrical stuff

Went out for a few hours and went through it all again and nothing. If anyone has ideas it would be great. Thanks !
Old 10-24-2009, 15:06   #3 (permalink)

Do all these electronic issues sound like the front control module?
Old 10-24-2009, 15:07   #4 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: 2001 Windstar electrical stuff

So fuse #8 has power and you connect it to #17 to give it power? How about fuse#2, 11, 14, 106, 113 in the battery box? Also fuse#8, 11, 14 in inside box?
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 17:06   #5 (permalink)

"So fuse #8 has power and you connect it to #17 to give it power?"

The other way around. Fuse #8 has no power and I have to jump it to 17 in order for anything to work. The rest of the inside fuses (Less the power point fuse #15) all work. Outside did check them all when first and as far as I can tell they worked. I did look at 106 today to see if it was blown and it's not. I'll go out in the am and check the rest again.

I also read something about a sensor in the front for the day time running lights? The van was hit in the front so if there was one I may need to have that as well?

Thanks
Old 10-24-2009, 20:24   #6 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Use a test light or volt meter on the fuses to make sure they are getting power. The fuse may be good but the power source for the fuse circuits may have a problem.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:58   #7 (permalink)

OK, well I checked everything that you listed above. Thay all have power and work, but the strange thing is that when I pulled fuse #105 I heard the relay click and then other functions started to work: day time running lights, auto locks and maybe others. When I pushed the fuse back in they all shut down again. Pulled the relays and they seem to be ok so now I am lost. How would the fuse for the started motor solenoid and ignition switch do this? The van starts and runs fine, but could the ignition switch be the issue? Thanks!
Old 10-25-2009, 10:24   #8 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Fuse #195 doesn't run any relays. There would have to be some wiring problem somewhere, shorting to the wrong circuit.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:55   #9 (permalink)

Well, it looks like I may have to pull the box out and check under it for wire that are doing stuff that they shouldn't be doing. I know for a fact that it was fuse 105. Is it possible that a bad connection - ground- is creating feedback in the system?

I also have those two fuses jumped together. Could that be doing this?

One day this will all be finished......... when I can buy a new one maybe?????

Last edited by sgilbert14; 10-25-2009 at 10:59. Reason: added stuff
Old 10-25-2009, 12:00   #10 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

I meant fuse 105. Fuses 8 and 17 would be hot at all times anyway so that shouldn't do that. It'd be a good idea to get power to the fuses without jumping across. Where that problem lies could be the same location for the other problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar