2001 Windstar power window trouble, please help.... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar Forum for discussion of all Ford Vans and Ford Mini Vans such as the Ford Aerostar and Ford Freestar.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2007, 14:23   #1 (permalink)

2001 Windstar power window trouble, please help....

I have a 2001 Ford Windstar. This summer the driver's window started acting up - it would work fine when the sun shone on it for a period of time, then when it cooled off outside it wouldn't move from whatever position in was in until it got warm enough again. I read a ton of threads on this site and came to the conclusion that it was the motor (and also got the info needed to change it - THANK YOU!!). It worked fine today when I got it in, then of course the sun went down.... The salesperson at the auto store told me it's not a faulty (new) motor because I have a clicking sound at the motor - the Ford dealership is telling me I could have gotten a bad motor or the module also needs to be replaced. Does anyone know how to find out if it is a bad motor or if it is the module?? I hate to buy anything more until I pinpoint the problem, if possible. Then there is the whole issue of changing the module - it sounds complicated. I am brave, but a mechanic? Not a chance!!! Thanks in advance for any help. Sonja.
Sonjalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2010, 12:49   #2 (permalink)
Condor6666

Re: 2001 Windstar power window trouble, please help....

Hi: I am having this same problem. I was wondering if there was a fix found.
Thanks in advance.
Condor6666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 13:32   #3 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Unplug the motor in the door, connect the motor directly to a battery and see if it moves then. You can switch the wires to run it in the other direction. Do all the other windows work? If they do, it probably is the motor, unless something is binding the glass.
Old 03-07-2010, 18:06   #4 (permalink)
Condor6666

Thanks: I will try connecting the motor directly to a battery when it's cold and
see if that works. all the outher windows work. When it is out in the sun and hot
the window goes up and down fine.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:08   #5 (permalink)
Condor6666

I connected motor diectty to battery, it didn't work. So I heated the motor with an
electric heater, it started working. Problem salved.I need a new motor.
thanks for the help.
Old 03-08-2010, 17:03   #6 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Thanks for the update.
Old 06-16-2010, 16:34   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtg143 View Post
Unplug the motor in the door, connect the motor directly to a battery and see if it moves then. You can switch the wires to run it in the other direction. Do all the other windows work? If they do, it probably is the motor, unless something is binding the glass.
Just new to forum: I have problem similar. Drivers window was intermittent. Drivers window always clicked under dash, passenger not. Now neither window goes up or down, but when the switch for drivers window is activated, still clicks under dash from module under dash. Could this be motor or module or switch???
droberts215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 17:01   #8 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

You'll have to pull the door panel and check for power and ground at the motor when you operate the switch. That's the first step.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:36   #9 (permalink)

Hi I know that one wire to the motor is for up and one for down. Is one + and one - ? or are they both + .. I first tried to hook up to the battery and nothing. But I also tried to do that on the passenger side that does work and nothing. There any diagrams on how to hook up to the battery ? I use my jumper wires to make it easier to attach the jumper cables than take a chance with the paper clip

Also the the wiring diagram in the Hanze is till 98 and sucks for the driver side. passanger isn't to bad 1 wire coloring is wrong. When I tested the terminal with the voltmeter. ground to the door and each wire in the terminal there is no power now. But the first time there was for the down wire.
oneforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 15:59   #10 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

You can see the diagram here. | Repair Guides | Windows (2001) | Windows (2001) | AutoZone.com
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar