2002 Windstar EGR Valve & Sensor.... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar Forum for discussion of all Ford Vans and Ford Mini Vans such as the Ford Aerostar and Ford Freestar.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2013, 22:37   #1 (permalink)
GirlsCanWorkOnCarsToo

Question 2002 Windstar EGR Valve & Sensor....

EGR Valve, Sensor, Left Headlight, Oil Pressure Sensor Issues:

I have replaced my sensor three twice and still had the code/Check engine light remain on. I gave up on it for a few years...
Now this year I have to smog my car and bought the OEM replacement parts for the EGR Valve & Sensor, had them put on via a mechanic, the check engine light finally went off for 2 weeks. Now the same issue is happening, it acts like it wants to stall out, check engine light is again on.
To top it off my left head light check light is on (I replaced the light, it still doesn't work)
I just had my engine oil changed (by the same mechanic above at the same time as the EGR & Sensor replacement) and the "needs oil change" light went on after only 3 weeks, I thought it was due to the regular oil (I use full synthetic) So I changed my oil again after 2 month of that darn light yelling at me.

Could all this be related to some sort of aspect in the computer module?

I was going to replace the oil pressure w/light-oil pressure sending unit w/gauge.

Yet, I'm unsure of what to do for the left head light?

Any Helpful suggestions? My Windstar has been great for many years. I wasn't wanting to give up on it yet...

Smog is due this month... Aug 2013
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2013, 06:40   #2 (permalink)
Dazed and Confused

Re: 2002 Windstar EGR Valve & Sensor....

Have you had it scanned? The codes that pop up can help pinpoint what the issue is.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:53   #3 (permalink)
Moderators

Re: 2002 Windstar EGR Valve & Sensor....

Remember the code is only an indicator to the system that has a fault. Could be anything from the PCM to plugged egr passages. More info would help us help you.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
r-clar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar